Nextcloud does not recognize trusted domain

Hi everyone,

ya…I know there is tons of questions about that in the web but I did not find a proper answer…so, ya, I have issues with the trusted domains:

I stuck to the guideline here:

so long story short: I intent to run nextcloud on unbuntu-live-server 18.04 on virtualbox 6.1 (which runs on a lubuntu 20.10 but I guess that does not make a difference, or does it?)

on the server, I got the IP by using ip a | grep inet (which is the same like in ifconfig) and I added it to the config.php file by using sudo nextcloud.occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value=192.168.0.82

And if I look at the config.php it is neatly written there too.

However, if I open the browser using https://192.168.0.82, the nextcloud page is displayed but the little munchkin sais that its not a trusted domain.

Elsewhere I have read that the log file of the server could give some insights…well, sorry about that, but where can I find them?

Happy about any kind of hint
cheers
Tom

Hello @Thomas_Jakob ,

welcome to the community.
The forum offers plenty of related entries. Please see the search function at top right.

Newbie bonus:

Indeed, I got a quick solution! It is all about snap. Does not like to give other applications much freedom. So you have to use snap to change tings:

sudo snap run nextcloud.occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value=your.fancy.domain

After you do that, then restart nextcloud:

sudo snap restart nextcloud

Then everything should just work.

I hope this helps.

You can also check that value with:

sudo snap run nextcloud.occ config:system:get trusted_domains 1

For example, running:

sudo snap run nextcloud.occ config:system:get trusted_domains 0

probably returns “localhost”.

So that is the deal. The guide above is incomplete concerning trusted_domains. For all those who face the same issues as I did :wink:

Please complete it and why not writing about snap in your first topic :wink: