Nextcloud Docker stuck on rsync after upgrade

[details=“Support intro”]

I am running WatchTower to update my docker containers. It seems that it got stuck and crashed, and now NextCloud docker container is stuck on an error loop. This is the Docker log:

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1338) [sender=3.2.7]
Configuring Redis as session handler
Initializing nextcloud 27.1.2.1 …
Upgrading nextcloud from 27.1.1.0 …
rsync: [generator] readlink_stat(“/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nn”) failed: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/languages.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/layout.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/listPatterns.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/localeDisplayNames.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/measurementSystemNames.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/numbers.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/territories.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/timeZoneNames.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: failed to stat “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nl/units.json”: Bad message (74)
rsync: [generator] recv_generator: mkdir “/var/www/html/3rdparty/punic/punic/code/data/nn” failed: Bad message (74)
*** Skipping any contents from this failed directory ***
IO error encountered – skipping file deletion
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1338) [sender=3.2.7]
Configuring Redis as session handler
Initializing nextcloud 27.1.2.1 …
Upgrading nextcloud from 27.1.1.0 …

I am unable to bash into the container because it’s always “booting”. Other than the version number and docker log, I am unable to get further information.

Very simple solution . I had to edit the Docker Compose file and add the old version number of next cloud, start it fully, stope it and then remove the version number. Then it can start the upgrade process correctly!

1 Like