Nextcloud Desktop wont start on Mac OS 14.3.1. Sonoma after Update not even responding after reinstallation

Nextcloud Desktop Client version: Nextcloud-3.12.2
Operating system and version: Mac OS 14.3.1 Sonoma

Hi
I installed the newest update for Nextcloud Desktop Client on Mac Sonoma (14.3.1) succesfully But nothing happens when I try to open the file and not even the nextcloud extension is opening as shown in the screenshot attached.

Tried to reinstall and relaunch it but same behavior.

Before I updated to newer version of client I enabled the experimantal feature of virtual files for mac, by adding the following:

showExperimentalOptions=true in nextcloud.cfg

But this worked perfectly for the last couple of months

Can someone please give me a hint how to get this running again please? Thank you!

You can check the logfiles for more details:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/desktop/3.12/troubleshooting.html

If like this a feature stops working after an upgrade to a newer version, this usually qualifies for a bug report (github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues). Just make sure with the logs, if there are other obvious problems and with more details, you might be able to find, if someone already reported such a bug.

Client versions are currently, 3.12.something. Nextcloud itself has a version as well, but it should be NC 26+ (older ones are not supported any more).

Thanks a lot for your reply and help!

I fixed it by deinstalling again, deleting all files in Mac library and restarting my Mac again.
~/Library/Preferences/Nextcloud/

So it seems like it was connected to the library… not sure if bug is connected to Beta feature for virtual files on mac showExperimentalOptions=true

And you´re right my Mac Desktop Client Version is: Nextcloud-3.12.2 :slight_smile: