Nextcloud Desktop with Joplin: glitches causing notes to get reverted

Hello,

this is my first post here :sweat_smile: . First of all, kudos for choosing Discourse :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been using Joplin for a few months and Iā€™ve noticed an issue that may be connected to Nextcloud Desktop.

Platform: Linux
Nextcloud Client: Version 2.6.4git (from official PPA)

Iā€™ve went into more detail here: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/t/sometimes-latest-changes-get-reverted-during-sync/6901/18 but the gist is as follows: sometimes I see that notes just get reverted to a previous state. This has happened at least a few times, at least once during Joplin sync. Since other users on the forum use other sync methods Itā€™s more difficult to support my case.

Also: the different nodes having Joplin just go out of sync after a while. Weā€™re speculating that ā€œthis has something to do with timestampsā€ but nothing specific yet.

Can you think of anything in the client or on the server causing this? Iā€™d like to keep using Joplin with Nextcloud, esp. since Nextcloud works already for other of my files. But I really need to have this synchronization sorted. I need to be able to depend on the software that holds my ideas.

Does anyone here use Joplin?

Thank you for making Nextcloud! :slight_smile:

Do you sync the file with the desktop client and then open it in the joplin app? Or does the joplin app directly connect through webdav?

Hello,

I sync an entire folder ~/Nextcloud/Joplin and point Joplin to use it as the ā€œfilesystem backendā€. When doing sync, Joplin dumps finished data there.

Right now I tried going for the WebDav backend to troubleshoot (i.e.: ā€œdoes going pure webdav solve this?ā€) but webdav sync in Joplin is extremely slow right now, so I canā€™t test this scenario.

Hello @tflidd,

Iā€™ve setup debugging as described here:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/desktop/2.3/troubleshooting.html

Nextcloud is injecting its logs into the Joplin logs at ~/.config/joplin-desktop/log.txt. Thereā€™s a lot of data so Iā€™d appreciate some hints on what I should be looking for.

:smiley:

ALSO: do you know anyone in the community who uses Joplin the same way I do?