NextCloud Desktop Windows is not connecting to the server

[/details]

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 26.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04.23
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Nginx 1.18.0
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1

Hi I am running a Ubuntu 22.04 server with a Nextcloud host installed on it.

I have also connected a domain and verified that the NextCloud GUI is working fine in a browser.

However, when I try to connect to the server to use the Nextcloud client on my windows desktop, I get an error saying that the time has expired while trying to connect with Nextcloud.

If I connect via browser to https://cloud.jhyeon.dev/status.php, the URL path where the error occurs, it connects fine, but this only seems to happen on the client.

I’m not sure what is causing this, is there any way to resolve this?

However, on my other device Mac OS, I can connect to the server through the Nextcloud client.

Did you check if a firewall on your system is blocking the outgoing connection?

There is a guide for more logs on the client side:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/desktop/3.8/troubleshooting.html

I don’t see nextcloud registered on my network firewall, how can I set it up if it’s not automatically added to the rule when it’s installed?

I manually added it to the network firewall rules via nextcloud.exe in the nextcloud installation folder, but I’m still getting the same error. Can you give me more details on which rule should be added?

I didn’t have to set up any rules. Just check the logs if some query receives no reply and which one (from the client’s logs). If you connect a working client, you should find these queries in the webserver log of your Nextcloud server.

Question is if the client receives an answer, perhaps with permission denied, this should be different from when no connection is possible. When no connection is possible, it can be a network issue or something prohibiting the connection like a firewall. Or depending on a network you have to pass through a proxy server to establish outside connections.
That’s a bit the question what is different between a working machine and a non-working, are they on the same network?

The working computer was tested in a different network environment, but the non-working computer was in the same network as the network of the server running Nextcloud.

If I don’t need to set any rules for the firewall, should I look through the logs to find the cause?

I’ve checked /var/www/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log, but it doesn’t seem to log any failed connection attempts from the Nextcloud Desktop Client. This is also true of the logs page that I can see in the Nextcloud admin page.

If one of them is mobile, you can put them in the same environment. If the non-working is in the same network as the server, it looks related to your network. Some have problems if the DNS is resolving the public IP and reaching the server on the local network with the public IP can be a problem. What is strange that it works on the browser …