Nextcloud Desktop Client

This is the Windows PC app, Version 3.9.4 (Windows) (now Version 3.10.0)on latest version of Windows 11. The files are set as “Always keep on this device”

When ever I go into Windows File Explorer of open one of these already synced folders that are downloaded on the PC there is massive lag in trying to open the folder in File Explorer with a message at the top saying “working on it”. Whats more is that Windows File explorer is now unusable until this “working on it” message is gone, you can’t close File Explorer or open another File Explorer tab.

Being able to simply browse the Photos on your own PC is now a painfully delayed laggy experience that is immediately resolved by shutting down the Nextcloud system tray icon. I have tried the Nextcloud app setting to turn of “show synced folders in Explorer’s Navagavation pane” and browse the actual folders on my PC with exact same result.

These folders/files are on an SSD and if I exit the windows Nextcloud App the files/folders now open instantly just as you would expect with File Explorer. So its clearly the Nextcloud app introducing this unbearable lag.

EDIT FIXED:
In the Windows PC app I “Disable virtual file support” that forces the setting to download a copy of all files to my PC and that solved the issue. Note: I had already set all folders to download to my PC but it was the “virtual file support” that was causing the issue.

Hi @Cams,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.

Thanks for the link but I’m guessing this is a canned response.

I see no purpose in posing info/logs all about Nextcloud when its the Nextcloud Windows PC app that is causing the problem on a Windows 11 PC using File Explorer.

I have posted info on that.

EDIT FIXED:
In the Windows PC app I “Disable virtual file support” that forces the setting to download a copy of all files to my PC and that solved the issue. Note: I had already set all folders to download to my PC but it was the “virtual file support” that was causing the issue.