Nextcloud Desktop Client 3.2.1 is out with some virtual files bugfixes

Download Link for Mac 3.2.1 doesnā€™t work, Problems with opening file on the download site, on PC and on Mac. So it is not a Mozilla Issueā€¦

Same problem with Windows 2016 here.
I see there is the same problem concerning Windows 7.x and 8.x here https://github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues/3245

Has anyone had issues with 3.2.1 randomly selecting whatever folders it wants and deciding to sync them? Thereā€™s no consistency in what, at any point, it decides to try sync, but exiting and restarting the client fixies it and it reverts to only syncing what Iā€™ve asked it to.

I was going to log it as a bug, but didnā€™t know how to search for such a strange issue if it was already logged or even get log files for something that occurs so randomly.

1 Like

Bug: Windows V 3.2.1
To reproduce:

1. Create a folder in windows file explorer. Then create a sub folder.
  2. Go to nextcloud in web browser. Click top area to create a Readme.md file so now you have the Readme.md and the subfolder as children under the parent folder
  3. Go back to folder in windows file explorer and change the name of the parent folder.
  4. The virtual file system promptly deletes the Readme.md file

I then navigate to the deleted files and I see the original parent folder before it was renamed with the original children including the Readme.md file.

However, the sub folder and itā€™s contents were not removed. Itā€™s only removing the Readme.md file.

Bug officially logged as #3320