Nextcloud crashes after Debian 11 Upgrade

Hi everyone,
after the distribution upgrade from Debian 10 to 11 my Nextcloud shows me an internal server error (NC version 21.0.4.1). After looking at the log files I found out that I have different level 3 error messages (we ignore error 0 for now).

• “Exception”: “RedisException”, “Message”: "ERR AUTH called without a password configured for the standard user. Are you sure that your configuration is correct

• “Exception”: “OCP \ AppFramework \ QueryException”, “Message”: "TrashManager could not be resolved! Class " trashManager \ “does not exist”

• “Exception”: “OCP \ AppFramework \ QueryException”, “Message”: “OCA could not be resolved \ Files_Versions \ Versions \ IVersionManager! Class cannot be instantiated”

These are the recurring errors, maybe you still have ideas? I have already changed the password from the Redis server (which you can create yourself at random), but without success.

Kind regards
Sascha

Hi @Zaenky ,

were you able to pinpoint the cause and fix it.

I wanted to update my installation to debian 11 today but I am now hesitating.

Any futher information on this would be welcome.

Thanks.

Well i found a workaround. I comment out the following in my configuration:

// ‘memcache.locking’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\Redis’,
‘memcache.local’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\APCu’,
// ‘memcache.distributed’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\Redis’,

So right now it is working again but without redis. I will look for a solution at a later time so this is just a workaround.

Hi @Zaenky ,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait cause I use Redis too and hopefully you are able to get to the root cause.
It’s strange nobody else noticed it.

Thanks again.

Hi,

well i found the solition.
After i update everything (even php!!) it works again.

1 Like

Hi @Zaenky ,

Thank you for the feedback!