Nextcloud client for raspberry pi

Thanks for your reply. I could not find these via ā€œapt searchā€ but i was able to install libsrtp0 and libsrtp0-dev.
But when i execute ./nextcloud (or ./nextcloud --logwindow) i get ā€¦ ./nextcloud.sh: line 10: 8448 Aborted $pwd/bin/nextcloud $1 ā€¦ still something not working correctly. You know how to proceed now? F.i. where i can find the log files? Thanks in advance.

PS. I also got these message from qt5:

• libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
  • qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin

You can download new script from github. Also, You can edit nextcloud.sh.
last line ā€œ$pwd/bin/nextcloud $1ā€ to ā€œ$pwd/bin/nextcloud $@ā€.
You can create log.
$ ./nextcloud.sh --logfile logfile

libEGL warning => I am a same.

i edited the ./nextcloud.sh file (replace 1 by @) and executed ./nextcloud.sh --logfile logfile. Unfortunately i got the error ā€¦ ./nextcloud.sh: line 10: 1384 Aborted $pwd/bin/nextcloud $@.

The last two lines of the logfile are:

• [OCC::WebViewPage::WebViewPage Time for a webview!
  • [unknown Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50701) with this library (version 0x50b03)

I guess this will be the last error to solve :). Is the QT file I downloaded not the right version? i think itā€™s 5.7.1.

I built qt web engine library based qt 5.7.1.
But, Qt version is 5.11.3 in Debian buster.
I canā€™t give you the correct script because of not buster.
You can check qt version and informations.
$ qtdiag
I will wait for the good news.

Iā€™m afraid not so very good news :(.
qtdiag is answering: could not find a Qt installation of ā€˜ā€™
qmake --version says:

• QMake version 3.1
  • Using Qt version 5.11.3 in /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf

I was installed buster on docker.
I was found and installed nextcloud-desktop.
$ apt install nextcloud-desktop
$ nextcloud
You can try it.

Tried it but no success :frowning_face:
Package nextcloud-desktop is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package ā€˜nextcloud-desktopā€™ has no installation candidate

You are using a raspberry pi? ARM-machine 32 bits? Iā€™m using a RPI-3B.

sorry. It was debian buster arm.
It looks like you need to rebuild.
I was make build script.

It takes a lot of time to build on Raspberry Pi.
Good luck~

Thanks for your support!
Build took about 40 minutes mostly at 100% CPU :slight_smile:
But unfortunately i still get the same error message. Do i need to do something extra? f.i installing the build? Thanks for info.

May beā€¦ install not yet.
$ cd ~/qtwebengine
$ sudo make install

response of command ā€œsudo make installā€: make: *** No rule to make target ā€˜installā€™. Stop.

Hello,

I am new to the Nextcloud community and recently configured a Raspberry Pi 4/B (with Raspbian Buster) to act as a Nextcloud Server, with the intent of replacing our familyā€™s use of Dropbox to share files. It works quite well across our Windows PCs and iOS devices.

Now I am hoping to configure a second Raspberry Pi 4/B as a Nextcloud client. This thread is eye-opening, but I have trouble following it to clearly understand what will work and what wonā€™t.

Has anyone successfully built and installed a Nextcloud Client on a RPi 4/B and would you kindly share the steps you took to do this? Please note I am a relative novice in Linux.

Thank you,
Kwc

I was rebuild qt-library and upload it to github.
I use rpi3, buster.

1 Like

Hi kwc,

I got it kind of running on RPI4B-4G with a lot of help from 11137.

Please follow his link(s) above and install Qt5 webengine for buster like explained (sudo dpkg --install qtwebengine-wnote.deb).

Next we need to have his nextcloud-dekstop-client version. The instruction mentioned above (on 20 aug) and copied below are not working for me. I got it running by using version 2.5.3 which i got from 11137 and i used before on RPI3 (i think it was replacing 2.5.2 in the link by 2.5.3). I also needed to install an extra qt5 package (something called widgets). Please share what you encounter. Thanks.

Thanks to jacremer and 11137 for the recommendations. I guess no matter how you approach it, this isnā€™t a straightforward process.

I will give it a try at some point when I find the timeā€“thanks again.

I tried it on Pi 4 with Raspbian 9/2019:
but get this error message:
./bin/nextcloud: error while loading shared libraries: libocsync.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Someone any idea how to fix it?

Hi Franz2,
I didnā€™t encoutered this one as far as i remember. When i do apt search for libocsync i find stable 0.91 version and none of them are installed at my RPI4 (with owncloud desktop running very smoothly). i wonder which owncloud version you want to install (mine 2.5.3). To solve your problem i suggest to run sudo apt install libocsync0. Good luck.

PS. in nextcloud-desktop-client/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/nextcloud I just found de libocsync files ā€¦ all pointing at libocsync.so.2.5.3

Hello.

Iā€™m on a RPI 3, with Raspbian updated.

I followed the scriptsā€¦ Installed qt5-qtwebengine-arm-binā€¦ downloaded the client on istandthon7 client githubā€¦

When I launch ./init.sh, I got a reply saying the stable versions of libqt5keychain1/stable libminizip1/stable canā€™t be found.

When I launch ./nextcloud.sh: ./bin/nextcloud: error while loading shared libraries: libqt5keychain.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What can I do ???

anyone ?

did someone manage to make the client to work on raspbian ?

Since the nextcloud https://github.com/nextcloud/client_theming.git is an old thing (version 2.3.3) and trying to build the new https://github.com/nextcloud/desktop.git would end up in a Qt version error (needing version >/=5.12, which is not on the actual raspiban repos) and building Qt 5.12 LTS on a raspy is quite a jobā€¦ I have been searching for another solution, but I havenā€™t found anything.

So I decided to post it here, in case someone is having this problem in mid 2020ā€¦ (sorry if nobody finds this useful and Iā€™m bringing back this thread after 7 monthsā€¦)

My ā€œsolutionā€ was manually installing nextcloud client version 2.5.1-3 (latest debian packages available) using dpkg with the help of apt --fix-broken install to bring the rest of the dependencies. This was done in Raspbian 10 buster armv7l Linux 4.19.118-v7l+ 32 bit system.

I did it by manually downloading and installing these .deb packages for debian armhf (there are also available the equivalent arm64 packages, but I am still in raspberry pi os 32 bit):

1. Download the packages:
  1. Then you just go and manually install each one:

sudo dpkg -i packagename.deb

2. If encountered errors in the dpkg installation, which I did for every one of the packages but the second (because it has the same dependencies as the first one), you just let the (sudo) apt --fix-broken install grab the dependencies.

Or, I guess you could install all of them at once using apt, so it does the job automatically, but I did it that way. (If you use apt install just remember to tell it the /path/to/the/debfiles as they are not packages it would get from the official Raspbian repos.

Then just launch the app. It has worked perfectly for me. Cheers!

4 Likes