NextCloud client crashing with macOS 10.10+ desktop app immediately upon syncing

Iā€™m running the NextCloud macOS 10.10+ (legacy) client on two of my macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) boxes. Although this worked fine in the past, the NextCloud client now crashes as soon as it tries to sync with the remote server, and the in many cases something also happens to the server because I lose my ability to ssh into it.

I saw from another answer that I can run /Applications/nextcloud.app/Contents/MacOS/nextcloud --logfile nextcloud.log, and when I do so, I find the following at the end of the logfile:

2022-11-26 16:14:58:939 [ warning nextcloud.sync.database.sql ]: Sqlite prepare statement error: "unknown function: parent_hash()" in "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO metadata (phash, pathlen, path, inode, uid, gid, mode, modtime, type, md5, fileid, remotePerm, filesize, ignoredChildrenRemote, contentChecksum, contentChecksumTypeId, e2eMangledName) VALUES (?1 , ?2, ?3 , ?4 , ?5 , ?6 , ?7, ?8 , ?9 , ?10, ?11, ?12, ?13, ?14, ?15, ?16, ?17);"
2022-11-26 16:14:58:939 [ fatal default ]: ENFORCE: "allow_failure" in file /Users/builder/daily/desktop/src/common/ownsql.cpp, line 269 with message: SQLITE Prepare error

When the client crashes, the server sometimes stops responding, and I am no longer able to ssh into the Lightsail instance. Note that the Lightsail instance runs fine if I do not attempt to launch the client on my desktop. All of this is rather unexpected, and any suggestions to help me investigate the problem would be appreciated.

I have the same problem. Any solution or update?

Same problem here.

[ fatal default ]:	ENFORCE: "allow_failure" in file /Users/builder/daily/desktop/src/common/ownsql.cpp, line 269 with message: SQLITE Prepare error