Nextcloud client authentication fail

I used (and I still use) Nextcloud desktop application for several years to sync my data stored on a server from my university. It is still working as expected, with version 3.7 and debian 12.

I’m trying to set up a fresh install on mac M2 - fedora asahi linux 39, using the the packages made available on the normal repository (version 3.9 to 3.12 are possible in both flatpack or fedora asahi), but it fails.

It seems to be a authentication problem, since the nextcloudcmd stop with the following error (I can drop the full output, but should I care on some information to remove before ?) :

03-18 15:06:01:017 [ info nextcloud.sync.engine ]:	#### Discovery start ####################################################
03-18 15:06:01:876 [ warning nextcloud.sync.discovery ]:	LSCOL job error "Host requires authentication" 401 QNetworkReply::AuthenticationRequiredError
03-18 15:06:01:876 [ warning nextcloud.sync.discovery ]:	Server error in directory "" 401

So may be there is an OpenSSL problem ?

The thing is I’m able to connect from the web browser, using dav from the nautilus browser and even by clicking on the link proposed in the desktop application.

I don’t really know where to go now…

thanks for any help !

Is the problem only with nextcloudcmd? That is, is the client GUI functioning and syncing successfully to your Nextcloud Server?

Are you using the --user/etc parameters for nextcloudcmd?[1]

[1] Advanced Usage — Nextcloud Client Manual 3.12.1 documentation

hello !

yes I did use the --user option:

$ nextcloudcmd --trust -u "user" -p "password" Nextcloud/ https://cloud.cloudy.fr

And yes, I started to use the nextcloudcmd since I was unable to make the desktop GUI application work.