Nextcloud-Client as Service? (Windows)

Hey everybody

Does anyone know if its possible to setup the nextcloud-syncclient as a (local) service, so that no user needs to interactively log into the windows machine?

thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Not at the moment. There is feature request since quite some time now:

Hi,

maybe you can work around it with the Windows Task Sheduler. I think running the task with the option “Run wether user is logged on or not”.

actually this sounds interesting, didn’t even think about that at all.

I’ll give it a try as soon as I find a nice timeslot for that and come back with results :slight_smile:

I am perhaps a little late here but it is working perfectly with the task manager, I was using a configuration for google drive and just modify it for nexcloud and don’t have any problem.
So I post the procedure here for the person who need it.

• install the nextcloud client without the option “Launch at system startup”
  • configure the folder to sync
  • open the task manager and create a new task ( see the configuration on the screenshot)
  • for the user, use the same user account as the one for the client install
  • Reboot the computer
  • no need to login on your account, it should sync automatically

6 Likes

whoa, wasnt expecting any answers anymore - but somehow someone found a way to do it!

I’ll check this after easter and will come back to this topic again, thank you mate for your how-to!

Thanks for your response, It’s now working for me too on windows server 2012 & 2016.

Excelente!

Hi there,
it seems to work properly. But if I try later to add another folder to sync, the Client won’t accept this folder. I can set the mark in front off the folder name and press Apply after that.

The Window close itself and after reopening the folder name is unchecked.

Do you have a suggestion?

Greets

Did you stop the running task before editing the folders to sync?