NextCloud Box & Raspberry PI 3 Image - Availability & Download?

We have received the new image and we’ll publish it as beta as soon after we’ve managed to test it.

6 Likes

Woot!

Thank you for the update, oparoz. Looking forward to beta testing it.

Do we have any news yet when we can use the beta on Raspberry Pi, preferably without loosing data on the Nextcloud Box HDD? The message that a new image had been received is now two weeks old. I bet you are busy, but it would be lovely to finally see some progress.

I’ve tested it and reported internally that it worked for me, but I’ve heard that there were some issues which needed to be ironed out before doing a public release.
@jospoortvliet said it would be released next week, so he probably has fresher info than I have.

And yes, the plan is to make it possible to do a non-destructive, in-place upgrade. (That part worked for me as well earlier this year)

Thank you, that sounds great. Let’s keep our fingers crossed, things get worked out by the end of the month then.

this sounds very encouraging. Let’s hope it is available next week.
Thanks everybody

Hi, news, please.

We’re getting there :slight_smile:

How-to-connect-to-the-Nextcloud-Box
How-to-migrate-from-Raspberry-Pi-2-to-Raspberry-Pi-3

hello oparoz,

does that mean a stable version of nextcloud for pi3 is available now?

you link shows how to migrate from pi2 to pi3 but where can I find a link how to install nextcloud at pi3 with pidrive from scratch?

thanks for a reply…

regards and I wish you all a good weekend

We’ve been testing the image for weeks now.
It’s a matter of finding enough time to get it published.

1 Like

Any updates on it?

If I try to access the image, I get an error message “Either you have not been granted access to this resource or your entitlement has timed out. Please try again.”

It’s is not yet available to the public

Sorry, but saying “We are getting there” and linking to an image which isn’t available to the public is rather frustrating.

I keep reading that the update is scheduled to “be released next week”, but every time the deadline gets postponed. The Nextcloud Box website now suggests support for Raspberry Pi 3 would be available by the end of April 2017, which probably is more realistic. (In this context, “There is no plan for oDroid C2 yet but Linux Kernel 4.10 has support planned for the hardware so second half 2017 is a reasonable guess.” rather sounds like “don’t expect anything this year.”)

I must admit, I probably misinterpreted the Nextcloud Box as a showcase project for the Nextcloud community. In fact this seems to be a not so actively maintained side project, which limits the user in many ways. I’m somewhat disappointed, as I actually still believe, the Box is a great project.

Yes, sorry about that. Someone made a mistake by linking the wrong image.
The documentation is also incomplete.

Unfortunately, the security scanner and conferences have taken away time from people who can move this further.
I’m still hopeful for a release this week.

That’s rather good news. Our hardware partner is also working on some improvements on the hardware side.

good news - there is a beta to try. Find more info here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.