I’m looking for a fine simple solution that will help store and manage documents in my company. Something like a DMS system, but not all of the DMS features are needed. Right now we are using SVN to store documents, but our clients and employees find it hard to use. I have to find simpler solutions for non-IT clients.
My requirements are:
- the opportunity to open it “into the world” for sharing with customers. Is it safe with NextCloud to use it without a VPN?
- access / service via http or other means that does not require the installation of any software from the client- PASSED
- versioning of files
- no limit as to the type of file that can be stored in the system- PASSED
- sharing a file to many people - PASSED
- file and user level permissions
- integration with authorization in LDAP
Requirements that would be nice to see:
- the option of disabling versioning on a specific file
- the possibility of migrating data from SVN with history
Will NextCloud do a good job in these areas?