NextCloud APPS open very slow

I have a Problem when i try to open my APPS, it a really slow.
When the APPS are open it nothing there.
I have NextCloud 20.0.
Could somebody help me pleas?

1 Like

I guess Nextcloud has some issues with the Apps-Server(s) right now as the website isn’t accessible neither.

2 Likes

All

Saw on another thread that it is possible that the Nextcloud servers are under a load with the release of the v20.

Feature request: One suggestion I would make is that when opening the Apps panel that it stays on the local server. So the interface only shows what you have installed, whether enabled or disabled. Then have an “App Store” button to draw down the current content of the App Store. Two reasons for this suggestion. It will make the Interface more responsive. And also it does not “leak” analytics data to CDN, Nextcloud, etc. every time you use that menu item and only when you are interested in the store.

Jim

5 Likes

Thats all what i see.
It not going.

Same problem here, takes more than one minute to open the apps settings on my nextcloud instance and yeah the apps.nextcloud.com site is down. Would be very nice if someone could give a quick reply here if he knows what is going on. I hope there is no attack on the server.

1 Like

Doing a simple tcpdump I see that the server is contacting a CDN called Fastly. Based in California. So hopefully someone at Nextcloud.com has them on the phone. Not a good look for a CDN provider.

Jim

2 Likes

Thank you for you information!

1 Like

I suggest you open up an issue/feature request at github.

1 Like

yes, Nextcloud appstore is completely unavailable

2 Likes

The calendar app can no longer be activated after updating to NC20 either. The message comes.
legitimation failed, try again

Just put this in the aforementioned github thread, but in case anyone else is dealing with a similar situation later on I’ll put this here too: my ISP doesn’t do ipv6, and apps.nextcloud.com wasn’t pointing to any ipv4 addresses.

I managed to get an ipv6 tunnel working by the time the outage was fixed (lol). But this all seems pretty familiar; I think I may have had to do these same steps with NextCloud on a previous server build…?

1 Like

Hi.
I haven’t installed Nextcloud 20.0. But I think that It depends by the Number of online users, the RAM and by the Cpu. You can try to upgrade the Hardware.

Giorgio Rizzi

www.isitdownrightnow.com says it has been down for 10 hours, I’ve just build another NC instance to test and it came out on 20.0, looked and there was no mail app, then I found the website was down

This category is for the nextcloud app news not news about apps.
For discussion about the infrastructure problems check *.Nextcloud.com - connectivity issues

Very likely you will have to wait for Monday (german time) before anything will change.