Nextcloud app consuming disk space on IPhone during upload

Hello there,

I have a problem when I am uploading my pictures from my IPhone to the Nextcloud server. The problem is that while is uploading the pictures is using space on my Iphone and it gets out of space. is there anyway to inactive that? For not using space on my Iphone

Hi,

I just changed the category and the headline a bit. This will hopefully help the right people to find your issue and help.

Thank you man!

Hi,
I don´t think that you can keep the Nextcloud app from using the space on your iPhone before the sync is done. The app has to copy the pics from the photos folder to the nextcloud data folder and then sync them to your server. But after that when you swipe on the pic in your nextcloud app to the left under “delete” there is a “remove from cache” option freeing your memory.
Hope that helps,

Mike

Thank you for you answer…
But that becomes in a issue or a problem if my cellphone does not have the sufficient memory to do that. Is there anyway to instead of copy my pictures to the nextcloud app, copy the pictures direct from my iphone to the server?

Hi,
sorry for the late return. Have you made any progress? While I may need a solution for the problem in the next few months I looked into the problem again: My best idea is to use an other app to do the upload to nextcloud via webdav. Til now the only app I own that fits is “Documents” while it has both access to the photos-folder of the ipad and allows access to webdav servers. But on the other hand it´s much to overpowered to use it for only that purpose. If you have another idea I would be happy to hear about it.

Best regards,

Mike

Hi,
I ran into this when uploading 20 GB of photos. I just had to clear the cache from the mobile app a couple of times. (settings --> advanced --> clear cache).