Nextcloud Android app taking up huge space (>> synchronized data)

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 24.0.3.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Android 12 / lineage OS 19
Nextcloud app on android: 3.22.2

The issue you are facing:
Android app takes up huge space on phone. Seems to grow each day in huge steps.
There are not many files snced on the phone, so the user data (Nutzerdaten) should be much smaller. I deleted some of the files in the folders seen in the screenshot and the Nutzerdaten decreased, but still this is huge.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Quick Info, since this post seems to come up when searching for the problem.

I had the same problem with the android app taking up quite a huge space on my phone, even though I was on the up to date version of the app.

I managed to get it fixed by uninstalling and then reinstalling it.

This freed up the space probably used and then locked by earlier app versions.

Only offside I can see so far: you have to change your settings and automatically uploaded folders.

hope this helps somebody facing the same problem