Nextcloud AIO on Windows Server 2022 using Docker Desktop

Hi,

I have installed Nextcloud AIO on my Windows Server 2022 using Docker Desktop.

I have followed the installation instrustions from here:

The issue that I am having is when I type in my domain name in the “New AIO instance” it fails to pass but I know that it is setup correctly.

I am trying to bypass the domain validation by using the skip command from here:

It says that I need to do it by adding -e SKIP_DOMAIN_VALIDATION=true to the docker run command of the mastercontainer.

How do I do that??? It does not explain how to do it. I am new to Docker :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

Anyone able to help?

I found this for you: https://www.howtogeek.com/devops/how-to-pass-environment-variables-to-docker-containers/

Thanks. Had a look and it seems it’s more for Linux uses. I’m using Docker inside Windows. Known of those commands makes any sense to me sadly.

Can you post the command that you used to create the mastercontainer?

docker run ^
–sig-proxy=false ^
–name nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer ^
–restart always ^
–publish 80:80 ^
–publish 8080:8080 ^
–publish 8443:8443 ^
–volume nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config ^
–volume //var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro ^
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest

As shown on the first link. Thanks.

This should work then:

docker run ^
--sig-proxy=false ^
--name nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer ^
--restart always ^
--publish 80:80 ^
--publish 8080:8080 ^
--publish 8443:8443 ^
--volume nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config ^
--volume //var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro ^
-e SKIP_DOMAIN_VALIDATION=true ^
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest

Do you see how I added the flag?

Yes, that worked! Thank you.

What do you mean by flag? The ^?

Do you know if it is possible to be able to access local folders from Nextcloud? So that we can access files that are on the file server and not in Nextcloud direct.

Thanks for our help!

No, the -e SKIP_DOMAIN_VALIDATION=true.

You can always enable the files_external, aka External Storage Support app in Nextcloud in order to add SMB or other storages to your Nextcloud.

However you are probably looking for this: GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.