Android client 3.15.1 is here!
Starting from today, the Nextcloud Android client 3.15.1 is available in the app store! This is a minor release which brings many small bug fixes and lots of improvements & refinements. As always, with this blog we want to remind you a few cool features that make your cloud-life easier!
Did you miss our previous release announcement?
Nextcloud 3.15.0 for Android brought some nice improvements to the users:
🆕 New media view, containing photos and videos
▶️UI improvements for watching videos
➕ Endless fixes and small improvements
Find out more details and the full announcement of 3.15.0 here.
Tips: did you know these?
Circle support for searching or displaying is available on your Nextcloud for Android
Is Circles one of your favourite and mostly used Nextcloud app?
It is already possible to share files to Circles using your mobile. Circles will be displayed among other share-lists and they are also searchable through the search bar!
Use ONLYOFFICE/Collabora/Text when no off-line editor is available
In case you have a downloaded file that you want to edit or just open and there’s no offline editor on your device, ONLYOFFICE, Collabora or Text will be used to open it. If for various reasons the file can’t be handled by these three you will get a “No app to handle the file” warning.
Technical details and compatibility:
- Latest version: Nextcloud 3.15.1 for Android
- Android version: 5.0 or newer
- Nextcloud server version: 16 or newer
- Devices: all Android devices
- Enterprise support: contact our sales team here
- Community support: get help here
- Contribute: report issues here
Of course many fixes, refinements and features are being made regularly and older versions of Nextcloud are not supported. If you run an outdated, unsupported Nextcloud, the Android app will warn you of the risks. Nextcloud 13 is the oldest release that will work with this version of our app and you will get a warning if you are still running Nextcloud 17 or older.
Note that Nextcloud offers long term support for companies, as sometimes they have to use older versions. Contact our sales team for more information on this.
Note that this version of the Nextcloud Android client (version 3.15.1) is supported on Android 5.0 and newer. We strongly recommend private users to upgrade their Nextcloud servers.
Are you 🆕 to Nextcloud?
Here’s a quick must know for you!
- Nextcloud is a private file sync & share and communication server. It is fully open-source and you can host it yourself or pay a company to do it for you. That way, you are in control of your photos, your calendar and contact data, your documents and everything else.
- Nextcloud is self-hosted – you can install it on your own server and use it for private or business purposes. If you need the best business platform for secure filesharing, collaboration and communication check out here.
- Nextcloud is server software that also has available mobile apps. This is our release announcement for Nextcloud 3.15.1 for Android. The Nextcloud Android app allows you to access all your files on your Nextcloud. There’s a Nextcloud mobile app for iOS as well. You can use any of them, and access your data anywhere, whenever, if you have a Nextcloud installation running on your server – which is very simple to set up!
Thank you 🙇 to our amazing community!
A big thanks goes to all the awesome members of our community that regularly help us make Nextcloud better, by translating Nextcloud to other languages or reporting and fixing issues!
Would you like to contribute to our Android app too? Check out all you need to know here.
If you’d like to get more involved in testing, here’s the easiest way to help us!
We appreciate your feedback! If you’d like to share your comments with us, continue the discussion in our forums. What’s the best thing about the Nextcloud Android client so far?