Nextcloud 3.0.3 Client (Windows) Logout after each reboot

Hi all,

I encounter a little hiccup in my Nextcloud on Windows 10-experience:

Nextcloud version: 3.0.3
Operating system and version: Windows 10 20H2

The issue you are facing:
The Windows client logs off my connected user after every reboot, so at each start after login I’m greeted with the “Grant access” procedure that opens a browser.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?
I have been seeing this error for a few weeks now.

Steps to replicate it:

1. For me - just rebooting works every time… :slight_smile:

The thing is - that happens to me on my PC and to another user of my (self-hosted) Nextcloud platform, but not to my laptop.

\\ After the second reboot, now also on my laptop. :stuck_out_tongue:
\\\ Seems this is more related to the fact some time has passed - it seems only to happen around once a day, not after every reboot.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Firetribe

Could it be possible that you’re automatically deleting all cookies, including the Nextcloud session cookies, if you logoff from the PC?

Hi j-ed,

thanks for your reply! I’m not aware of any session cookies being automatically deleted, and wouldn’t that only concern the Web Login? I have problems that my Windows Sync client logs off after every reboot…

In the following issue ticket, you will find a trace in which session cookie related information is mentioned. Additionally Nextcloud is a web application, so most likely the authentication data is stored in a cookie instead of a file or the registry.

Hi and thanks again :slight_smile:

Seems I have to be more precise - a reboot does not always log me off, it seems it just happens once every day or something. This would indicate a cookie running out or something, I agree - are these cookies stored with the browser I use for authentication or somewhere else?

1 Like