NextCloud 25.0.1 is there! BruteForce App is not compatible

For weeks I am informed that NextCloud 25.0.0 and later NextCloud 25.0.1 is available. Currently I run NextCloud 24.0.7. Unfortunately I get the following message:

afbeelding

Not sure what will happen if I start the update. Have not seen (from 2016) that a app is not available while a new version of NextCloud is offered.

What to do?

Hi @NextCees

The separate app “Brute-force settings” is no longer needed with Nextcloud 25, because it’s already included. The “Brute-force IP Whitelist settings” can be found under “Administration Settings” → “Security”.

Thanks for your quick answer.
I assumed I could start the update from the web interface. Ad the end of the automatic updater I have a blank screen. Nothing happens. Tried rebooting, no success.

Issued: sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off. This answered me that maintenance mode was already off.

I decided to manually continue the update by: sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade. Nice the upgrade starts, yoho!

During the update I see the following Error:
Cleanup old theming cache
Starting 

0/2 [>---------------------------] 0%Repair warning: Failed to delete folder: “7”, error: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘nextcloud.oc_photos_albums’ doesn’t exist
Repair warning: Failed to delete folder: “images”, error: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Tab Done
2/2 [============================] 100%

The update continues without further errors. Pfffff, the NextCloud page comes up, it looks nice! There are errors that can be fixed by: sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices. After that the installation seems complete.

The log file however shows the following errors:
Fout no app in context Exception: Could not download app accessibility
Fout no app in context Exception: Could not download app files_videoplayer
Fataal spreed RuntimeException: There can only be one Talk backend
Fout index OCP\Files\NotPermittedException: Could not create folder

The video-player works fine.
Is it possible to fix the errors or should I not worry to much about it?

2 Likes

same for me:

Updating 

Migrate old user accessibility config
Done
7/7 [============================] 100%
Cleanup old theming cache
Starting 

0/2 [>---------------------------] 0%Repair warning: Failed to delete folder: “13”, error: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘nextcloud.oc_photos_albums’ doesn’t exist
Done
2/2 [============================] 100%
Updated to 2.0.1