Nextcloud 21 - update needed

And again what @JimmyKater already asked: what’s the exact place you try running it and whats the exact command?

This means the context (which folder?) you try to run occ in? Can you post the command you are trying?
Like if you move to the right folder (/var/www/nextcloud using cd) is the following working?
sudo -u www-data php occ -h

Anyway: You might be triggering the Linux out-of-memory (OOM) killer. Check dmesg for messages about it. It says which process was killed when this happens. How many RAM does your server have for use?

1 Like

run php -i | grep apc.enable and check if apc is enabled on cli

@swindhab There is no exact command. It literately will not take any input give it. But regardless you are right it it OOM. I am currently ruining this off a VM with 3 CPU cores and 8 GB of ram and running behind a load balancer. Do you know how I fix this?

whats the output of php -i | grep apc.enable

i had the same issue. After enableing apc for cli it updated

another problem was, that in the data directory existed a directory updater-…

when issueing sudo -u www-data php updater.phar nothing happened. After deleting this directory update was performed

apc.enable_cli => On => On
apc.enabled => On => On

Yes. Check and change the memory limits in the php.ini (apache AND cli!).

Just had the same issue on Ubuntu 20.4 virtual machine with 2 cores and 4GB of RAM. Actually upgraded a few minutes before that to a new minor release without issues (I always use command line)
occ upgrade just consumed all memory(4GB+swap) until it was finally “Killed” by Linux.

In my case apc.enable_cli was false. Enabled it(by adding “apc.enable_cli=1” without quotes to the bottom of /etc/php/7.4/cli/php.ini ), and now occ upgrade works fine.

S

2 Likes

now I’m geting

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘apc.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so: undefined symbol: zif_apcu_store), /usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

after I tried to fix this

I just figured out takeing up the most memory is www-data

2893 25.3 78.0 7260088 6333076 ? D 13:30 0:42 php -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php

Any idea how to fix this?

OK now I’m stumped

I’ve rebooted and now All I can say is I get

[ 1858.789871] oom-kill:constraint=CONSTRAINT_NONE,nodemask=(null),cpuset=/,mems_allowed=0,global_oom,task_memcg=/user.slice/user-1000.slice/session-1.scope,task=php,pid=2433,uid=33
[ 1858.789887] Out of memory: Killed process 2433 (php) total-vm:7260100kB, anon-rss:3485268kB, file-rss:3420kB, shmem-rss:0kB, UID:33 pgtables:14120kB oom_score_adj:0
[ 1859.269432] oom_reaper: reaped process 2433 (php), now anon-rss:0kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB

after running dmesg and

Killed

after ruining anything on the occ file before that. I am serially out of ideas and don’t know how to fix this.

UPDATE:
now I am not getting

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘apc.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so: undefined symbol: zif_apcu_store), /usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/apc.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

That has been fixed but not anything else

A post was split to a new topic: Upgraded to PHP8 before upgrading to NC21 --> problems

@sharkbyte: Would you mind not hijacking threads of others?
@jon_will: Is the package php-acpu installed on your system?
Is it working if you remove 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', from your config.php?

2 Likes

moved! thanks

Works for me! Thanks!

I had the same problems (cron and occ db:add-missing-indices ooming)

Suggested fix from @swindhab removing 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', from config fixed the problem.

Works for me to, thanks :slight_smile: