NextCloud 20.0.8 - notify email problem

Hi, since i updated my nextcloud to verizon 20.0.8 the notification email about my own action not sends. But when i share a file with someone, the email arrives. When i test my email in nextcloud GUI, the email is responding.

SMTP setting are same as i had on older version. In log file i see an activity “sends email” by cron every 5 minutes.

Is it not sending (check the cronjob, if they are run regularly, it should show in the admin-page)? Or if it fails to send, you should check the logfiles for more indications.

In my logfile i have this:
{“reqId”:“hOxlQMENkkkpx7edtU7J”,“level”:1,“time”:“2021-04-06T05:16:02+02:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“admin_audit”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:“Console command executed: activity:send-mails”,“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“20.0.8.1”}

i have two servers, on the first server is cronjob runs every 7 minutes on the second the cronjob runs every 8 minutes.

my cron set:
*/8 * * * * /root/bin/php -f /data/nextcloud/occ activity:send-mails

There seems to be some debug level for smtp logging you can enable:

/**
 * Enable SMTP class debugging.
 * Defaults to ``false``
 */
'mail_smtpdebug' => true,

I personally use ssmtp and pass mails to this service rather than sending it directly. You can configure it a bit on what is send out and about the sender, and you have more logging in case something fails.

My SMTP is OK, for example when i share a folder with someone it is working. But for example when i create a folder the mail doesnt arrived. It was functional in verzion 19 but when i made an upadte to 20 it stops working.

yes, but perhaps it is now considered to be spam and can’t be delivered, or the mails are not sent out, or the mail template isn’t used properly and the mail looks like spam (first case), … If you don’t have more details why it wasn’t sent, we can’t really help.