Nextcloud 13 and unable to set a higher user quota

i am unable to increase user quota it maxes at 7.5 GB - Is there a patch coming for this. Was set to unlimited that reached 7.5 and that’s it so I figured I’d define a size - Tried 50 , 20, and the preset option of 10 made no difference same result. It’s like it has no effect at all?

I’m running nextcloud 13.0.1 with php 7

Nobody else has run into this problem ? Here in this forum. I’ve combed the web others have complained but seem to be lacking a fix. Would like to know if they are working on a fix or am I unique with this issue

Hello Still looking for help with quota

Hi,

If there is no response, it is likely that no-one fully understands your issue. I suggest using screenshots. Screenshots would help me at least to understand what you mean.

For me it is not clear, if you have an issue with the quota warning app and just receive warnings all the time or if you can’t store more than 7,5 GB on your server.

Furthermore, please use the issue template (there is an app). It will remind you to describe your server in detail and provide some logs.

Just to confirm: I’m running 13.0.1 myself and didn’t face such issue. Users can store 20 GB+ and there are no false warnings.

Thanks for you response I’ll try and post a screen shot

I have some screen shot - I don’t use the forum much where is the issue template app locatedquota1

Basically I have a ton of space on my server and after adjusting the quota it still maxes out a 7.5 gig, it was set to unlimited that had no effect. now at 20 gig still stuck at 7.5. I’ll try and get more info to you I hope the screen shots help with some of your questions

Hi @ripperzip

I’m wondering if this is an issue with Ajax background jobs. I always used Cron, so I’m not sure if this might come from Ajax.
As far as I know the background jobs performs calculations about used space and so on. Maybe there is something wrong there.
Apart from that I have no idea so far, as long as you don’t see any error messages in the logs (nextcloud.log, web server log and system log).

Sorry for the delay - been away. I went with the defaults on install and it is set to ajax not of my choosing. Can I set it to cron and reboot or save. What should i be aware of if i do change it . I haven’t set up any jobs so to speak I’m not sure if Nextcloud gave it some jobs on its own

If i can change it to cron without messing anything up it could be that simple

I don’t know much about your server. Is it Ubuntu with Apache?

While I can only guess right now, I assume your user the web server runs with is “www-data”. So what you need to do is:

• login via SSH
  • become root
  • execute
    crontab -e -u www-data
  • you will see a text file - probably empty
  • edit that file and enter the following line (adapt the path to nextcloud according to your environment):
    */15 * * * * php -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
  • save your changes and switch the background job in the Nextcloud admin page to “Cron”

That’s it. Wait about 15 minutes and check your quota if it is correct then.

debian 9.3, nextcloud 13.0.2 , php 7.0.27 - Hi thanks for your help - I made the changes it indicates that the cron job executes however no change in quota this is my path

/var/www/html/nextcloud/cron.php

I put this in the file

*/15 * * * * php -f /var/www/html/nextcloud/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

i also rebooted system just in case

I may backup my data and do a fresh install - although this one isn’t that old

4 posts were split to a new topic: Available space on hosting environment