Nextcloud 13.01 File Sharing via email does not send email

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version : 13.01
Operating system and version : Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version : Apache 2.4.25
PHP version :7.0

The issue you are facing:
I have email set up correctly with SMTP, can send test email, however, when I share a file and enter in external email address, and hit enter, it adds the email address and gives me option to allow editing. But no email is sent to the email address. My understanding is that it is sent upon hitting enter. There is no send button like in previous versions. It’s not practical to have to copy the link, open email client, enter in the email address of external user, paste link and hit send. I thought this was supposed to be done automatically?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. login as a user
  2. click on documents, select share icon for file
  3. enter in email address of external user. hit enter and it adds email address below.
  4. no email sent/received

Under Settings - Sharing - allow users to share via link, i do not have an selection for “Allow Users to send mail notification for shared files”.

In NC 13.01 Admin manual, this shows as an option.

I have the same problema actually… have you solve? Sorry for muy bad english…

I have not been able to resolve this issue yet and I cannot proceed with use of product until I can get a resolution to this problem. This is the main reason to set up for my users.

Update: I have tried multiple configurations in SMTP settings for sending mail but the only one that works (FOR INTERNAL EMAIL ADDRESS’ ONLY) without error is plain authentication, no encryption and port 25. Any other options (ssl, authentication required, etc.) gives errors and will not send with test button.

I still cannot find the correct settings to get an email notification (and email from sharing) sent to external email address’ (e.g. user@yahoo.com)

I need to role this out as soon as possible. Can someone help me configure my smtp settings so I can send email notifications to external email address’ (via sharing)

NextCloud is mainly using for documents editing. you can simply be editing your documents by using the internet. For instant support related to the Roadrunner email please contact Forgot Roadrunner Password for the best solution