Nextcloud 13.0.1, 12.0.6 and 11.0.8 available with improved password protection

As said, the permissions of the symlink /path/to/nextcloud/data doesn’t matter. Just the permissions of the actual data folder, where the link is pointing to, is relevant and changing this will not be reflected by the symlink.

Thx for clarifying my questions. So I need to run the commands again for the data, where the link is pointing to?

Yes exactly, chown/chmod does not follow symlinks.

1 Like

Thx for explaining permissions for symlinks :slight_smile: It will help me a lot in future :wink:

Update seemed to go smoothly. Only thing I noticed is now I get trusted domain error in my logs? Guess I spoke to soon. I tried to update my theme and the change did not work and got the following error messages.

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\UniqueConstraintViolationException: An exception occurred while executing ‘INSERT INTO oc_filecache (mimepart,mimetype,mtime,size,etag,storage_mtime,permissions,parent,checksum,path_hash,path,name,storage) SELECT ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,? FROM oc_filecache WHERE storage = ? AND path_hash = ? HAVING COUNT(*) = 0’ with params

New to Nextcloud. Currently on v12.0.6, v13.0.1 would be my first major release upgrade.

==> How long does it usually take to get the update notification (for the built-in updater app) after the release/announcement?

Additional note: stable release channel.

Should be already there. Maybe you have to wait some hours. Refresh your browser.

Nope, nothing. Is there a CLI command for checking this?

“sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/updater/updater.phar” still gives:

Nextcloud Updater - version: v12.0.4RC1

Current version is 12.0.6.

No update available.

Nothing to do.

In the new version I observe that loading an app from the store takes very long:

135 Requests

5,24 MB / 3,20 MB transmitted

Completed: 12,74 min

After I installed an app:

160 Requests

5,32 MB / 3,25 MB transmitted

Completed: 17,74 min

Are major release upgrades (v12 to v13) possible in general without the need for a manual update?

Still no update visible…

@e-raser I find it strange that you say your current version is 12.0.6 and the updater reports v12.0.4RC1. What versions are in config/config.php and in version.php?

config.php:

‘version’ => ‘12.0.6.1’,

version.php:

$OC_Version = array(12,0,6,1);
$OC_VersionString = ‘12.0.6’;

So everything finde. Maybe the nextcloud updater (version "v12.0.4RC1’) is a leftover from my recent migration from OC to NC??

Update: No it can´t, it´s been updated (according to file time stamps) with the update to NC v12.0.6. Maybe another one on v12.0.6 can make a cross check and sort out, if this “v12.0.4RC1” really is something suspicious.

That may be. What does this command in the NC root tell?

sudo -u www-data php occ status

Update: No it can´t (be a leftover), it´s been updated (according to file time stamps) with the update to NC v12.0.6. Maybe another one on v12.0.6 can make a cross check and sort out, if this “v12.0.4RC1” really is something suspicious.

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/occ status

• installed: true
  • version: 12.0.6.1
  • versionstring: 12.0.6
  • edition:

What is in the log file? At the timestamp of the last update should be a line like

Debug core starting upgrade from 13.0.0.14 to 13.0.1.

What follows?

Which log file: nextcloud.log or updater.log? (there´s no “Debug” line in both)

That depends on your settings in config/config.php. I have there a line

‘loglevel’ => 2,

Yes it is the nextcloud.log. Retry the update with this setting and see what’s new, maybe even with loglevel 1.

@e-raser @eehmke
Could you please open a new thread for this issue, please? These is the news thread and shouldn’t be misused for problem solving :wink:

Thank you.

3 Likes

You sent this to me in error. I haven’t posted anything yet, I just joined
forum yesterday!

*** From Google Pixel 2 XL

Hey @Douglas_Murray, that´s the default setting for new members. If you are confused by this, you could change this in your user settings here: https://help.nextcloud.com/u/Douglas_Murray/preferences/categories

Depending on your language you´ll probably have the “news” section within your “track/follow first post” section.