Navigate through your cloud using Solr
Nextant will :
- Indexes your files,
- Indexes your bookmarks,
- Indexes your shared documents and deleted files (trash bin),
- If needed, will OCR your stuff,
- perform fast and concise full-text search,
- display results integrated to the Files apps.
Recognized file format:
- plain text,
- microsoft office,
- image JPEG and TIFF (will requiert Tesseract installed)
- old pdf (will also requiert Tesseract) [work in progress]
- You first need to install a Solr servlet
- Download the .zip from the appstore, unzip and place this app in nextcloud/apps/ (or clone the github and build the app yourself)
- Enable the app in the app list,
- Edit the settings in the administration page.
- Extract the current files from your cloud using the ./occ nextant:index command
- Have a look to this explanation on how Nextant works
- (Optional) Installing Tesseract (Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Engine) will allow Nextant to extract text from image file and old pdf.
Note: Indexing requiert a descent amount of ressources.
I am aware that some of you are running nextcloud on single-board computer (Raspberry Pi, oDroid, …) and I have no way to tell you if Solr is running fine on that kind of equipment.
Also, more docs are now available on the Wiki: