Nexctcloud unaccessible after update from 15.0.4 to 15.0.5

Hi

Since last night my nextcloud 15.0.4 is unaccessible and I fear that something went wrong when auto updating to nc 15.0.5

Here is the problem but I don’t understand

[ nc-update-nextcloud ]

{“reqId”:“MUd9JfBunIDiDd19oGCp”,“level”:2,“time”:“2019-03-03T11:00:26+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:“Temporary directory /media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/tmp is not present or writable”,“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“15.0.4.0”}

{“reqId”:“MUd9JfBunIDiDd19oGCp”,“level”:3,“time”:“2019-03-03T11:00:27+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:“file_get_contents(/media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/news/config/config.ini): failed to open stream: Input/output error at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#216”,“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“15.0.4.0”}

{“reqId”:“MUd9JfBunIDiDd19oGCp”,“level”:2,“time”:“2019-03-03T11:00:27+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“news”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:“Configuration invalid. Ignoring values.”,“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“15.0.4.0”}

{“reqId”:“MUd9JfBunIDiDd19oGCp”,“level”:3,“time”:“2019-03-03T11:00:27+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:“mkdir(): Input/output error at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/news/lib/AppInfo/Application.php#143”,“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“15.0.4.0”}

{“reqId”:“MUd9JfBunIDiDd19oGCp”,“level”:3,“time”:“2019-03-03T11:00:27+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:“fopen(/media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/data_dir_writability_test_5c7bb3cbd14dd.tmp): failed to open stream: Read-only file system at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/util.php#795”,“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“15.0.4.0”}

{“reqId”:“MUd9JfBunIDiDd19oGCp”,“level”:3,“time”:“2019-03-03T11:00:27+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:“fopen(/media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/nextcloud.log): failed to open stream: Read-only file system at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log/File.php#139”,“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“15.0.4.0”}

Malformed version

There is no auto updating.

You started update on web interface or command line?

Something with your drive is not ok.

Please provide environment information

I start update with ncp web command.
The environnement is a raspberry pi 3b+ running raspbian 9

Exact same thing happen to me after “ncp auto update” on Odroid-HC2 with NextcloudPI 1.9.0
Tried to “chmod” /media/myCloudDrive/ncdata after that
but i had “Read-only file system” can’t apply permissions.
My HDD is 3 month old and “long smart test” was ok so i don’t think HDD is dying.
i’ve reformat the HDD (BTRFS as it was)
then reinstall Nextcloud from NCP WebUI. Then restored snaphot from external usb drive.
For now it lokks fine but don’t know what happened.

my folder /media/myCloudDrive/ncdata own to www-data but the entire /media/myCloudDrive own to root and I ask if it can be the source of the issue i’m facing that look likes to yours

Yes, if /media/myCloudDrive is the directory where you installed Nextcloud the user/group must be www-data and not root.

to be more precise /media/myCloudDrive is the directory where i store data in external hdd storage, the database and files of nextcloud are installed on the sd card and on /media/myCloudDrive there is only nc-data folder that own to www-data

so as the whole /media/myCloudDrive own to root and not www-data can it be an issue ?

No, probably not. In your ‘config/config.php’ then has to be something like ‘datadirectory’ => ‘/media/myCloudDrive/ncdata’.
Your first error said “Temporary directory /media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/tmp is not present or writable” Did you check for this directory and is it present. If yes are the permissions set to writable: ug+w ?
Your second error said “/media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/news/config/config.ini input/output error” Does this file exist?
Third error is probably a follow up of second error, since the coniguration could not be read.
Fourth error seems to be, that a ‘mkdir’ doesn’t work, again maybe a follow up of read/write permissions.
Fifth error is a writabilty error of your data directory
Sixth error: Nextcloud could not write the nextclous.log, which resides in your ncdata directory.
All in all seems something amiss with the read/write permissions in your directories. Did you check them?

hi @peteman52

after a "chown -R www-data: /var/www "
then “reboot”
it seams to solve the issue, so i think you were right it was a permissions issue than missed up read/write permission

thank you for your help

Yes there is in NCP

1 Like

In your case your drive seems to be failing. Run the tests in nc-test-hdd

It’s strange because my hdd is a new one, juste out of the box a western digital mypassport

I overlooked the fact that ncpi is the topic here.