New snap install - config issues

Version 15…01.11 on Lubuntu 18.02 (fresh install LVM encryption)
Installed from snap - think it is using apache

Hi guys,

I am hoping to tap into some expertise here.

I have Just done a snaps install on fresh Lubuntu 18.02 LTS installation. …

1. The instructions say to go to ‘localhost/nextcloud’ in browser, this does not work for me, I have to input 127.0.0.1, then it loads. Below is my hosts file (I have not rebooted since install, perhaps that’s related?)
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       dellserv

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

/etc/hostname just contains one word, the hostname of the machine.

1. I cannot locate the /var/www folder which is mentioned throughout the documentation.

2. I created an admin account as instructed, but I do not see a setting anywhere for storage location, this suggests that in fact,

3. I can see documents when I log in, but have no idea where in the OS file system they are located

4. I’ve gone to Settings - Logging and there are no logs present.

5. I cannot see any obvious Apache log file in /var/log, but it is definitely running as I can access the web page.

6. I have no idea where the /path/to/nextcloud/config/config.php file might be, the only paths to anything related are

/var/snap/nextcloud/common
/var/snap/nextcloud/15565/ (containing apache, certs, mysql, nextcloud, php, redis)

There is also a /var/snap/nextcloud/common/nextcloud/ but I cannot access it and neither can root.

This guide mentions a config file, etc. but I cannot access that path, even in terminal CLI via su

1. In the Settings (I am definitely in the ‘admin’ group), there appears to be no mention of files or locations or anything like that… ? In dolphin, I get ‘Could not enter folder /var/snap/nextcloud/common/nextcloud.’

I would like to attach a USB hard drive and have that data be made available in NextCloud, I am presuming this is possible, as well as from Windows based file shares on the LAN.

When using the snap version, everything is sandboxed within snap. That’s why you can’t find anything. Try looking under /snap and see if it’s there.

Have you seen the wiki of the nextcloud-snap yet?