New setup strategy advise needed

Greetings :slight_smile:
I need to solve a challenge and would really appreciate some extra thoughts:

Server: win2003, co-located, serves as web-, mail- and ftp server, cannot by changed to Linux, CygWin is installed and running though
PC: Win7, in our store.

We have customers that come to our store, usually with very little knowledge about their phones, both Android & iPhone, that need to send us files to print. Fast and easily.
Option 1: sent us an email, we code our server so the attachment is saved in a folder. That folder should than automatically be synced with a folder on the PC in the store so we can print and delete the file. (until now all that is done by hand).
Option 2: They install an app and with that app “sent” us the file.

Nextcloud may solve this, but cannot run on win2003. To get around this: if I install Nextcloud on a Raspberry Pi 3 (the files do not have to saved anyway :slight_smile: ), connected to the modem/router with being accessible from outside), can I then install clients on both the Server and PC to sync those two folders (and a third on on the Pi as it is th NextCloud server)?

Should this work or is there an easier / better option?

Thanks for any insights or help!

Alex

For option 2, you would create an app that uploads via webdav? Like the anonymous upload via browser which was introduced in NC 10:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/10/user_manual/files/file_drop.html

I also found a feature request for an client-side application:

It hasn’t been requested for mobile devices yet. @ios @Andy @tobiasKaminsky

Thank you for the webdav link; I’m not familiar with webdav so I’ll look at it this week for sure.

Alex

Installing the app to upload via a shared link is somewhat uncomfortable, I think…But let’s see what other devs say… :wink:

Please open up an issue regarding this in our repo, so we can discuss it there. Once we have a reliable up/download with pause and resume I think it should be somewhat easy to get this integrated.

An option would be to create a portable installation like this one here: https://github.com/naderi/owncloud-client-portable

Then the hassle to have to do a full installation would be avoided.

I already created a bug report for something similar: