New Installation PHP issue

Hello I’m trying to do a fresh install of nextcloud on my RaspberryPi3. I’ve installed apache and when I go to make credentials in my browser I get this funky error:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP 7.1.
You are currently running 7.3.14-1~deb10u1.

I’m new to this software so this was pretty confusing that I’m running 7.3 but It needs to be compatible with 7.1.

An important thing to note is that my Pi has no desktop environment (I installed the lightest version of raspbian) and so I’m doing all of the setup from my laptop running Fedora via SSH. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It’s Nextcloud 18 right ?
Try to install php 7.4.5 and see what it does.

Afaik nextcloud 17+ needs php 7.2, so imho 7.4.5 would give the same error

How does one do that. I did sudo apt-get install php 7.4.5 but it didn’t seem to change anything.

Can you run php -v on your command line?

If you have debian buster (version 10), it usually comes with php 7.3 which is ok. And your message also indicates that you have this version. In this case, please keep 7.3, it’s better to keep the original version if possible (there are even some problems with 7.4, so they think about not recommending this version: https://github.com/nextcloud/documentation/pull/2037).

In case you have php 7.3, either there is a second version installed and used somehow or there is a bug in Nextcloud.

Tell us first which version of Nextcloud you are installing.
Nextcloud 18 have issue with the installer. While it says compatible with php 7.3 and 7.4 i get forced to install php 7.4 for two instances because i get wrong php version error.
I rather advise you to install Nextcloud 17.0.5

So here is the php -v output:

PHP 7.3.14-1~deb10u1 (cli) (built: Feb 16 2020 15:07:23) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.14, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.3.14-1~deb10u1, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

As for the version of nextcloud I honestly have no idea which version I’ve installed… But it would seem that the tutorial i’ve been following has me downloading this repo:

curl https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-10.0.3.tar.bz2 | sudo tar -jxv

so it would seem like it is nextcloud 10… oof. So let me try changing that number…

In this case it looks like a bug. Did you report it?

yup that did it… sorry to post something with such a simple fix

Not me but someone on this forum did.
On another post about this kind of error.