New installation on NC 21.0.1 and tons of errors and warnings, images stop loading

Nextcloud version: 21.0.1
Operating system and version: Windows 7
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.38
PHP version: 7.4.19

The issue you are facing:
I just installed Nextcloud using the official docker image. It’s running and I can get to the interface just fine. I’ve used the interface to copy a folder from my external storage to the Photos gallery (so I could see how the interfaces differ) and right away the browser is giving me a ton of warnings and stops loading any images past the front page of pictures.

Here’s a screenshot of the warnings and errors I see when the loading stops, scrolling down to the second page. You can see the spinner, it just spins and nothing ever loads.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. I have a directory with 133 jpeg files in it
  2. I used the Nextcloud interface to copy the whole folder from external storage to my photos library
  3. I tried to open the newly copied directory in my Photo gallery
  4. After the first page of pictures loaded, I scrolled down and the spinner was spinning but nothing further loaded. I hit F12 and see a bunch of errors and warnings

Here is text of the debugging area of the browser for reference:

index.js:46 No OC found
t.getLanguage @ index.js:46
jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2
globals.js:60 jQuery is deprecated: The global jQuery is deprecated. It will be updated to v3.x in Nextcloud 21. In later versions of Nextcloud it might be removed completely. Please ship your own.
pe @ globals.js:60
4globals.js:60 $ is deprecated: The global jQuery is deprecated. It will be updated to v3.x in Nextcloud 21. In later versions of Nextcloud it might be removed completely. Please ship your own.
globals.js:60 jQuery is deprecated: The global jQuery is deprecated. It will be updated to v3.x in Nextcloud 21. In later versions of Nextcloud it might be removed completely. Please ship your own.
globals.js:60 $ is deprecated: The global jQuery is deprecated. It will be updated to v3.x in Nextcloud 21. In later versions of Nextcloud it might be removed completely. Please ship your own.
globals.js:60 Handlebars is deprecated: please ship your own, this will be removed in Nextcloud 20
activity-sidebar.js?v=6b96467f-0:603 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'extend' of undefined
    at activity-sidebar.js?v=6b96467f-0:603
    at activity-sidebar.js?v=6b96467f-0:803
2globals.js:60 Handlebars is deprecated: please ship your own, this will be removed in Nextcloud 20
versionstabview.js:18 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'extend' of undefined
    at Module.<anonymous> (versionstabview.js:18)
    at n (bootstrap:19)
    at bootstrap:83
    at files_versions.js?v=6b96467f-0:1
2globals.js:60 jQuery is deprecated: The global jQuery is deprecated. It will be updated to v3.x in Nextcloud 21. In later versions of Nextcloud it might be removed completely. Please ship your own.
session-heartbeat.js:97 session heartbeat polling started
2globals.js:60 $ is deprecated: The global jQuery is deprecated. It will be updated to v3.x in Nextcloud 21. In later versions of Nextcloud it might be removed completely. Please ship your own.
Viewer.vue:235 Please do NOT wait for the DOMContentLoaded before registering your viewer handler
handlers @ Viewer.vue:235
6globals.js:60 $ is deprecated: The global jQuery is deprecated. It will be updated to v3.x in Nextcloud 21. In later versions of Nextcloud it might be removed completely. Please ship your own.
vue.runtime.esm.js:1888 TypeError: Cannot read property 'key' of undefined
    at tr (vue.runtime.esm.js:5817)
    at vue.runtime.esm.js:6219
    at k (vue.runtime.esm.js:6319)
    at vue.runtime.esm.js:6193
    at k (vue.runtime.esm.js:6319)
    at i.__patch__ (vue.runtime.esm.js:6482)
    at i.e._update (vue.runtime.esm.js:3948)
    at i.r (vue.runtime.esm.js:4066)
    at An.get (vue.runtime.esm.js:4479)
    at An.run (vue.runtime.esm.js:4554)
Ye @ vue.runtime.esm.js:1888
24util.js:133 OC.Util.relativeModifiedDate is deprecated and will be removed in Nextcloud 21. See @nextcloud/moment
relativeModifiedDate @ util.js:133
6util.js:133 OC.Util.relativeModifiedDate is deprecated and will be removed in Nextcloud 21. See @nextcloud/moment

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Error	files	OC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction		2021-05-11T07:50:04-0600
Error	index	OC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction		2021-05-11T07:25:27-0600
Error	PHP	Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool at /var/www/html/3rdparty/christophwurst/id3parser/src/getID3/Tags/getid3_id3v2.php#1385		2021-05-11T05:35:14-0600
Error	PHP	Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool at /var/www/html/3rdparty/christophwurst/id3parser/src/getID3/Tags/getid3_id3v2.php#1385		2021-05-11T05:34:42-0600
Error	PHP	Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool at /var/www/html/3rdparty/christophwurst/id3parser/src/getID3/Tags/getid3_id3v2.php#1385		2021-05-11T05:34:40-0600

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
//  'preview_max_x' => 512,
//  'preview_max_y' => 512,
//  'preview_max_scale_factor' => 1,
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'apps_paths' =>
  array (
    0 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/custom_apps',
      'url' => '/custom_apps',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'overwritehost' => 'mydomain.example.com:443',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'trusted_proxies' =>
  array (
    0 => 'my_proxys_ip',
  ),
  'passwordsalt' => 'vm2K91+7EexPZ0A+PcybP8A801KGaV',
  'secret' => 'OScD1qPhxubUTajD3lNDJFnXqCovTVlBwacpr1Xdx61l90jE',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => 'nextcloud',
    2 => 'mydomain.example.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '21.0.1.1',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://localhost',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'nextcloud_db',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud_user',
  'dbpassword' => 'nextcloud_password',
  'installed' => true,
  'instanceid' => 'ocamdxhw4gpr',
);

Thanks,
-Greg

1 Like

This looks like Photos app - Does not load photos when scrolling down · Issue #748 · nextcloud/photos · GitHub

Thanks @szaimen I think you’re right. It seems crazy to me that all these messages come spewing out of a fresh install. Especially, since I’m on version 21.0.1.

I guess the Handlebars is deprecated: please ship your own, this will be removed in Nextcloud 20 didn’t actually make it into version 20 even though we’re on 21?

Also, any idea what Please ship your own. means on these messages? It shows up on The global jQuery is deprecated. too.

It’s almost like someone forgot to check these browser console messages before the release of NC21. Is this software package regularly released like this? Seems like the owners release process isn’t very well executed or maybe they don’t have one…

3 Likes

Having the same problem here, no idea :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here, fresh version 23…