New installation- No apps on the appstore

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 21.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): KDE Neon 5.21.2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.3.27

The issue you are facing:

I would like to install the “notes app” but I can’t find it. I can’t install any apps. The app page shows me existing apps but does not show any new apps to install.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Install Nextcloud
  2. Login
  3. Click on Apps
  4. The app page is dislayed with the following links:

Your apps
Active Apps
Disabled Apps
Bundled Apps
Featured Apps

There are no links below this. There are no new apps to install from any of the above links.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Error	PHP	Error: array_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/AppFetcher.php#162

Error	PHP	Error: Undefined index: data at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/AppFetcher.php#162

Error	PHP	Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/AppFetcher.php#93

Error	PHP	Error: Undefined index: data at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/AppFetcher.php#93

Error	PHP	Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php#440

Error	PHP	Error: Undefined index: data at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/AppFetcher.php#162

Did you just upgrade NC? Or php?

As a workaround, you can download it from Notes - Apps - App Store - Nextcloud and extract it to the apps-folder.

I didn’t upgrade either, this is my first install. It took me quite a while to figure out what was wrong because I was unfamiliar with the apps interface. I didn’t realize there were several sections messing until I searched the web and saw a screenshot of what it should look like.

I did a simple Raspberry Pi installation, all defaults, nothing custom. I did not notice any errors or anything else during the installation just that the app store is broken.

Are all necessary PHP-Modules installed? Any Warnings on the first admin settings page? :wink:

PHP module bz2 (recommended, required for extraction of apps)

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/21/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html

I do not have any errors on the admin settings page. The PHP module bz2 is installed.

I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning all of the security warnings. I now get “All checks passed.”

This is my very first installation however I am on a slow DSL connection with simple hardware (raspberrypi). Does Nextcloud require a certain connection speed and certain hardware requirements?

Hm, did you check all the other php-modules?
Do you have any more logs on nextcloud, php/webserver?

Connection Speed typically shouldn’t be a problem…

I’m facing exactly this same problem.
There’s no apps for install from store, only default ones.
I’ve bypassed this problem downloading the apps manually and extracting them at the apps folder of my nextcloud, as @tflidd suggested (thx man).

My installation is something special as is on a lighttpd server running from openwrt.

I’ve fixed this issue after seeing complains about encoding and libcurl in the nextcloud log. (libcurl error 61).
I run nextcloud on openwrt and the provided libcurl doesn’t support compression:

Thanks for the info. Does your fix only apply to Openwrt or could it be more broad than that?

I am not running that firmware.

If at log (available at data/nextcloud.log of your nextcloud root) you see lines with cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands i dentity content encodings. then you’re on the same boat and that fix will do the job.
If you’re running from linux/unix you could grep for the error grep -i libcurl nextcloud.log

1 Like

This was my solution too, thanks a lot