New folder Problem

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version : 28.0.4
Operating system and version: Debian 11
Apache or nginx version : Apache 2.4.25
PHP version : 8.2
Group Folder vesion: 16.0.6

I was in version 23, and I gradually migrated to version 28.
I don’t know when it started.
when I create a new folder, nextcloud creates two folders: the one I created “foo” and “new folder” this gives the impression that it synchronizes for the first time even before I was able to name my folder.
It’s systematic.
I did several tests:
I reinstalled nextcloud via the sources directly in version 28, and I have the same problem after importing the same database
This only happens in the app’s group folder
If I go outside the group folder I have no problem.
Could you help me resolve this problem?

It appears to me that group folders is broken with the latest client at the moment. They caused explorer to stop responding 100% of the time for me, and I fixed that by deleting them from the server admin.

Thank you for your answer but I’m not sure if there is a relationship between these two problems?

After testing with an old version of the nextcloud client it seems to work well, I took version 3.1.1 a bit at random and no more duplicates when creating a new folder or when renaming of a file…
:upside_down_face: :point_up: