NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID => How to fix it by desktop user?

Hello All,

Nextcloud version : client de bureau Nextcloud 3.12.3
Operating system and version : Windows 11 home
Apache or nginx version : o2switch hosting service
PHP version : o2switch hosting service

The issue you are facing:
This the first time I’ve seen this error.

Steps to replicate it:

1. start windows
  2. error occurs telling within the Nextcloud client than cert is out of date
  3. I can pass the error within the desktop app, but nextcloud client is open without security while accessing by web is not possible

The output of my Nextcloud WEB ACCESS :

«
Votre connexion n'est pas privée
Des individus malveillants tentent peut-être de subtiliser vos informations personnelles sur le site cagi36.a2.swdrive.fr (mots de passe, messages ou numéros de carte de crédit, par exemple). En savoir plus
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

o2switch hosting service

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

o2switch hosting service

How can I, as a simple desktop user, update my Nextcloud certificate to be able to access to my Nextcloud space from web ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Cordially,
Guy

If you have doubts about your ssl setup, you can let it check from ssllabs:

It should show if a certificate is expired, certificates are missing in the chain, if the ciphers are supported by current browsers …

1 Like

Just running it on the domain in your error logs shows that the certificate expired yesterday. So you need to ask the server admin to renew the certificate…

1 Like

Thank you so much tflidd !

Since my admin is a hosting service provider, I’ll go to request him what you recommend here.

Thank you very much for your help !
Cordially,
Guy

FYI :
This was it.
After renewing of the SSL certificate by the admin, all works well again.

Thank you very much for your help :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.