Need Help IP Address Change

Hi I am a newbie to Nextcloud. I am running my Nextcloud server on my Raspberry PI 3 using Raspbian and Apache2. Today my internet provider upgraded my modem and my server IP Address got changed. My original IP was 192.XXXXX and it changed to the new IP 192.XXXXX I need to change my Nextcloud to run my new IP address cause I cant access my server can someone help me with this please. I am a newbie to all of this so please go easy on me.

Thanks,
Shawn

Hi,

so you want to assign a static IP Adress to your Raspberry.
Am i right?

Hi I am not sure like I said I am a newbie. my IP changed from 192.168.1.5/nextcloud the new IP address is 192xxxxx/nextcloud.

This is the error I get when I go to my new IP 192xxxx/nextcloud.

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

• Remote Address: 192.xxxxxx
  • Request ID: hdhpNcrlivQ5qodvcXbL

It is a good practice to not disclose true ip addr or so on forum, but you hide too much.
Read some networking ABC materials, you will know 192.168.x.x/24 is ip addr for private network, i.e. for device behind normal home router (NAT firewall). When you disclose 192.xxxxxx, people cannot tell if it is 192.111.x.x which is a real ip.

If you are assigned a real IP from your ISP, you need to study and set up Dynamic DNS. Nothing about nextcloud and there is no one-size-fit-all tutorial on this, but I am sure you can google some that suit you as reference.

If you are assigned a “private” IP from your ISP. Find another ISP.

So, normally your router is the DHCP.
The DHCP distribute IP adresses to the Devices.

So for example he gave your Raspberry the Ip 192.168.5.3,
xxx.5.1 is your router and xxx.5.2 is your PC.

Then if you have a new router every device gets a new Local IP.

The only thing that i dont get is why your Nextcloud won´t work just because the IP changed. This shouldn´t be an issue for the Raspberry.
Only if you use a Network drive for data storage, a NAS for example and you entered a specific IP Adress where to store the Data and this changed too would result that the Pi cant find the Storage directory and then this happens.