NCP upgrade to Debian Bullseye thread

@nachoparker Do you mean the DHCP thing I posted about earlier in this thread?

I’ve got the day off today, doing some school work but I can take a look :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

yes, the DHCP thing. Thanks!!

Alright, no worries :partying_face:

Did you build it with the build code currently in the repo? Or is it an upgraded a VM?

It’s on the devel branch. I will merge to master soon

Ah yes I see it :+1:

1 Like

please add your pi specific changes to build/build-SD-rpi.sh

Alright, i can just send you a PR with the current one I have then? Tho I’ve been using the Debian images on a branch i named raspi

I still haven’t fixed the last bit but maybe you already know what it is when you see it :person_shrugging:

please only send the change for fixing DHCP as you described earlier. I already did all the testing and I need to publish soon, so can’t test everything again if we introduce many changes

if you have other suggestions for code improvements we can talk about that separately :slight_smile:

those are very welcome

sure, no problem :+1: I’ll have to delete my fork and make a new one, just a sec

(It’s basically just a line change in one file really)

EDIT: Made a fork, working on it :tada:)

1 Like

@nachoparker Sent you a PR, guess we can continue there?

sure, many thanks

1 Like

The upgrade failed.

https://pastebin.com/0wHpVLEP

1 Like

that should be fixed now

Hi,

I’ve instaled a VM Image on a Proxmox server.
After install it, when i configure ssh password for root change correctly but ssh server not start.

After logon with the new password i enable an start sucesfull ssh server.

Then i do apt update and apt full-upgrade.

When i try update ncp i’ve received this error…

imagen

@ZendaiOwl

Zendai: I successfully upgraded with the VM image on proxmox, I needed to install grub + 1 apt autoremove before performing the upgrade then it succeeded

What do you mean exactly? sounds related to what @OliverV experienced earlier in this thread.

please don’t do apt full-upgrade, use ncp-dist-upgrade instead. Also, while testing we should update from devel, so don’t run nc-update, instead run sudo ncp-update devel, this is true until we push the changes for everyone.

@nachoparker
I have a nextcloudpi VM image running on a proxmox host installed on my desktop here at home :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve installed proxmox with btrfs and created a snapshot of the nextcloudpi VM image before upgrade.

The first upgrade failed due to it not detecting grub-pc package (grub) installed.

• Upgrade steps I did (all cmds are as root)
    apt install grub
    dpkg --configure -a ← Just in case
    grub ← Checked so it works
  • quit ← Exit grub
    apt update -y && apt upgrade -y
    apt autoremove ← Removes grub-pc-bin
    ncp-update devel
    ncp-dist-upgrade

After successful upgrade I did
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl reload apache2
systemctl reboot

And it works :slightly_smiling_face: so far I’ve not had any issues

Edit: Yes, you’re right, I ran into the same issue as @OliverV on my first upgrade attempt

many thanks. Can you test if this fix would suffice for that case? (it’s already in devel)

sure, I’ll run it now