NCP unreachable after blackout - Redis?

ncp

Hi,

We had a blackout this morning and NCP on Odroid HC2 doesn’t seem to take that too well. The nextcloud won’t start anymore. When I try to login I get this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

I can login via SSH and get the whole NC-config going but nc-update doesn’t work with this error:

ncp-config
Running nc-update
Downloading updates
Performing updates
Running nc-autoupdate-nc
automatic Nextcloud updates enabled
Cannot load Zend OPcache - it was already loaded
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
RedisException: Redis server went away in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcach e/Redis.php:54
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php(54): Redis->get('ab2339d22c 5420a...')
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/InfoParser.php(57): OC\Memcache\Redis->get ('/var/www/nextcl...')
#2 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppManager.php(380): OC\App\InfoParser->pa rse('/var/www/nextcl...')
#3 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php(551): OC\App\AppManager->getApp Info('files', false, NULL)
#4 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php(65): OC_App::getAppInfo(' files')
#5 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php(236): OC\AppFramework\App::buil dAppNamespace('files')
#6 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php(119): OC_App::registerAutoloadi ng('files', '/var/www/nextcl...')
#7 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(654): OC_App::loadApps(Array)
#8 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1068): OC::init()
#9 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(46): require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
#10 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
#11 {main}Done. Press any key...

Running sudo systemctl status redis && sudo systemctl restart redis I get this output:

● redis-server.service - Advanced key-value store
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/redis-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2019-04-24 06:35:02 UTC; 14min ago
Docs: http://redis.io/documentation,
man:redis-server(1)
Process: 2739 ExecStart=/usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 2735 ExecStartPre=/bin/run-parts --verbose /etc/redis/redis-server.pre-up.d (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: Stopped Advanced key-value store.
Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: Failed to start Advanced key-value store.
Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 24 06:35:02 nextcloudpi systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I’m not at all an expert in server-logs, I actually don’t understand the output. I’d appreciate any help!

check redis log and copy/paste here or via pastebin using:

sudo tail -20 /var/log/redis/redis-server.log

It might give clues to why redis is failing to start.

There is no log output. The file exists, but it’s empty.

Maybe it just got rotated, and a new one was created, old ones get renamed and compressed. List all redis log files with:

sudo ls -lhtr /var/log/redis/

and view compressed logs with:

sudo zcat /var/log/redis/redis-server.log.1.gz

Thank you for your help :slight_smile: The folder is empty though, no additional files. I decided to revive my backup instead and run everything from docker, wanted to do that for a while now and seems like the opportunity.

Same problem here, i logged in internal IP:4443 and shutdown the whole program. Then unplug the power from the PI for 10 seconds and plugged in again and the PI started up and restarted Nextcloud on the PC’s and everything works again. :smile:

• Nice it works for me.
  • Oh no Why not me

0 voters