I use a RasPi 3 B+ with Berryboot installed on a 16GB microSD to mount the image NextCloudPi_RPi-Berryboot_07-03-18.img from an external 1.4TB HDD and it worked for a couple of months.
Twice I had to manually disable maintenance mode after an NCP update (that way), the last time was some 2 weeks ago. A little after that my Windows desktop and Android clients stopped working. Via SSH a did a ncp-info and discovered that
- the MariaDB service was down and
- 1.4TB/1.4TB of my external USB drive were in use.
I had no time to look into it back then and now I’m paying the price.
For a week now SSH access isn’t working either. I attached my Pi to a screen + keyboard and everytime during boot a couple of services fail (it’s different every time, sometimes the HTTP server, sometimes the time sync service, always MariaDB and “Advanced key-value store”). Then I get one of the following errors:
- Booting stops at some point. I get some [ OK ] … or [FAILED] … and nothing more happens
- I get stuck at the login prompt: I can enter anything including line breaks, everything I type is displayed at the screen. The password prompt never pops up but about 15s after hitting return (I can still type after that), the login prompt re-appears (see attached screenshot)
- I get the password prompt, but instead of logging in it says something like “error initializing module” and I get the login prompt again.
- I managed to properly login only once and found the following:
a) any command in ncp-config would only give me the attached error message but appearantly wouldn’t be executed
b) I tried to free up some space (as suggested in NCP Issue #201 ) but the Pi would tell me that “apt-get” was an unknown command and the remove command didn’t work either
c) I tried “ls” in root and it would give me an error and the info that there are 0 entries.
I’m sorry that I can’t even tell you my NCP or NC version, since I can’t get that login working again (and I forgot to document it when it worked that one time, shame on me). I assume it’s pretty much up to date though, because i had the unattended auto updates activated.
I would be thankful for any suggestions!
I’d rather not do a full reset (it took forever to backup all my photos), but if I had to I would at least like to understand what caused the problem to not run into it in another 3 months …
Merry Christmas and thanks a lot,
error message after any command in ncp-config
raspi login problem