NCP on QNAP as LXD Container - persistent Storage

NextcloudPi version: v1.53.0
Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1.3.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian GNU/Linux 11. 5.10.60-qnap (x86_64)
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1

After reading the NCP stops Support for NCP Docker (see nextcloudpi-planning-to-discontinue-its-docker-version-with-nc-25) i followed the recommendation to change to an LXD Container.

guide-to-migrate-your-ncp-instance-from-docker-to-lxd

This also worked, except that I cannot link the persistent storage.
I want the synchronized user data not to be lost when changing the container. Therefore, this data should be stored outside the container.
This worked without any problems with the Docker container. Unfortunately, I can’t get any further with the LXD container.
Has anyone managed to do this before?

I use Qnap’s own software “Container Station”.

Thanks in advance!

I’m not a pro in LXD but I’m under impression this are more like “virtual machine” - all the files are stored inside of the container and there is no need to define “persistent storage” like you do in Docker. in turn this is not a Docker-style “throw away” object but becomes more or less persistent VM you need to take care about, upgrade and patch like a real server.

Thank you for that information. I will try to find a way to keep the user data when it comes to an update.