NCP how to get ncp preview generator

NCP 1.30
Nextcloud 19.0.3.1

I have a ncp instance that i have updated overtime and another instance i have set up for my neighbour recently. On my neighbours instance i found out that it has its own ncp preview generator app, while i have the normal preview generator from the appstore.

Is there a suggested procedure to get the ncp preview generator as well, as i think it is more optimized for raspberry pi than the standard one?

Just enable from ncp-config or ncp-web>TOOLS>nc-previews

Hmm, seems something is wrong with standard preview generator, if i click on remove in apps, it disappears, but refresing the app list brings it up at the bottom of the list with a remove and a download and install button, klicking the remove button gives an error message and nextcloud protocols say it could not remove the app, because it is not installed. However, no matter what i do in ncp pannel in nc-previews or nc-previews-auto, it does not bring up the app NCP Preview Generator as i see it on the other instance.

The output when i try enabling incremental is this:

[ nc-previews ] (Sun Sep 20 22:18:13 CEST 2020)

In Application.php line 598:

[Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\NamespaceNotFoundException]
There are no commands defined in the “preview” namespace.

Exception trace:
Exception trace:
at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php:598
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->findNamespace() at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php:651
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->findNamespace() at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php:651
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->find() at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php:236
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->find() at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php:236
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php:148
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php:148
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php:215
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php:215
OC\Console\Application->run() at /var/www/nextcloud/console.php:100
require_once() at /var/www/nextcloud/occ:11

Exception trace:
Exception trace:

Not sure, but maybe 1st needs to be enabled for 2nd to work.
I have both (NC and NCP) preview apps enabled and seems to work fine.
Maybe try refresh page or reboot?

On my neighbous instance there is only ncp version and it works perfect. So it does mot depend on nc version, i did try to refresh and reboot several times inbitween, but will give it another try when i am back home end of the week

@nachoparker any idea about that? The thing is that i can enable preview generator and use that, but i have the feeling that it does not work so well. I have no idea what exactly is the difference, so i could check if it is just the display name that is wrong and i actually already have your version code wise, or if it really downloads standard nc preview generator each time i enable it and the difference is only due to my older hardware…

So … and now I’m sadly on too!

Generating previews worked a long time without any frightening message when started manually.

Now I moved a lot of pics and started it by hand & I’ve got the same problem and message (and I really don’t know exactly if it came up before).
IIRC the gallery was missing more&more previews or generated it new on call lately.

Any idea?

ncp 1.31.0
nc 19.0.x.x

Rufio

sounds like you have disabled or removed the app? Just re-install/re-enable

So where do you install or enable it, when it even doesnt show up on the apps page?
Do you agree with the following installation method? Install Preview Generator in Nextcloud – ServerOK

EDIT:
what’s the direvtory doing there? /var/www/ncp-previewgenerator/ Looks like this should be somewhere under /var/www/nextcloud, no?

EDIT/Solution:
For some reason I had those ncp-apps in /var/www and moved these folders to /var/www/nextcloud/apps and now I’m fine!