NCP down then SSH down after upgrade

Do you really execute it? Perhaps repeat it.
Normally it minimizes the list you posted.
The list includes packages from your old debian (raspi) version.

sudo apt-get autoremove

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

So how do I solve this Php7.3 dependency issue ? How can the apt-show-versions help ?

Sorry. I think your dist-upgrade was wrong. If it is would be my system i would extract all packages with “-v”:

apt-show-versions |grep -v buster|cut -d" " -f1

and then delete

apt-get remove --purge $(apt-show-versions |grep -v buster|cut -d" " -f1)

But then all the packages would be removed. I could repair it. But perhaps this action breaks your system and you must re-install all. After deinstall the packages i think some packages must be re-installed. (e.g. apache2, mariadb, php, …)

Thank you for the explanation.
I am very much tempted to try this, but could this action make my “cloud” database unrecoverable ? It is encrypted

You could try the following before taking more drastic measures as suggested by @devnull :wink:

apt autoclean

apt install -f

If that dosent’t work you could do the following:

apt remove php*

This removes all php packages without deleting the config files.

If this works you can install the needed PHP packages again.

apt install php php-curl php-gd php-fpm php-cli php-opcache php-mbstring php-xml php-zip php-fileinfo php-ldap php-intl php-bz2 php-json

These are the php packages used by NCP, according to this link:

https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/blob/master/lamp.sh

Nevertheless, I see a lot of tinkering coming your way… Can’t you just reinstall Raspian and NCP from scratch. Maybe on a new SD-CARD, so you still have the old one as a backup. Do you have many users, calendar entries etc… that you want to transfer from the database? Doesn’t NCP have a backup script, which can migrate relatively easily to a new version of NCP or another installation type? Do you have such a backup? Sorry I’m not very familiar with NCP and don’t know what kind of pitfalls there are if you manually change any configurations or upgrade the underlying OS, PHP Versions etc…

Yes it does. The screenshots are slightly old, but I still use this all the time. nc-backup and nc-restore make back-up and restore into quit simple procedure.

I was too much tempted… so I followed @devnull advice and nothing worked afterwards, I wasn’t able to execute a simple ls command…

Then as suggested by @bb77 I reinstalled everything from scratch.
It worked, but now I have to connect my new NCP server to my old database, stored on an external hard drive on a USB . I don’t know how to proceed, I hope it is possible. Should I start a new topic for this task in case I don’t sort it out by myself ? A good link would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot to all the contributors of this topic, with a special thank you to @bb77 .

Did you try to restore one of the backups you made on the new instance? If I look at your screenshots, it looks like it does backups of the database too…

Really?
/bin/ls is part of package Debian -- Details of package coreutils in buster

You can not remove “coreutils”.

1 Like