NCP Docker: Let's Encrypt cert didn't auto-renew, now can't update and getting invalid origin errors

I have a Rock64 with NCP running in a Docker container on OpenMediaVault. The Let’s Encrypt certificate was initiated on June 9th, 2019, and expired on September 7th. I’m not sure why, but it didn’t auto-renew.

I initially tried manually renewing via the NCP control panel, but I got an invalid origin error. Then I tried re-running the setup wizard, but that errored out at the Let’s Encrypt stage.

Then I realized that NCP hasn’t been auto-updating–it’s still on v1.11.2. So I tried manually running nc-update. I’ve actually tried a handful of times, and have gotten, invalid origin errors and “Unauthorized request. Try reloading the page.”

I checked the DDNS pointer at my domain registrar (NameCheap), and that’s pointing to my current external IP. I also confirmed that my router still has the port forwarding set up correctly.

I’m stumped at what else I can check to get the cert renewed and to get updates up and working, so I hoped to check in with the community to see if anybody could kindly share advice.

Thanks a lot for any help!

I’d try running

certbot renew

from command line,
If that doesn’t work, try renaming/moving the live, archive and renewal folders in /etc/letsencrypt, and run letsencrypt again to try and obtain a new certificate.

To update NCP, can try from terminal also by running

docker exec -it nextcloupi ncp-update

Apologies for taking so long to follow up on this. Life got crazy after my OP, and I haven’t had a chance to dig back into this project until now.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had much like cracking this one.

The certbot renew command didn’t work either from the standard command line or from within the NCP Docker container. There were also certbot-auto and letsencrypt-auto executable files in the /etc/letsencrypt directory, so I tried certbot-auto renew and letsencrypt-auto renew, but they also produced “command not found” errors.

After that, I renamed the archive, live, and renewal directories. Then I tried running the NCP wizard via the admin portal. It got through the setup steps until letsencrypt, and then failed with an invalid origin error.

I’m not sure if it’s related, but I’m getting invalid origin errors when I try to apply any changes anywhere in the admin portal.

If anybody has other ideas for how I might be able to get past these errors, I’ll be very grateful for the help!