NC v27.1.6: Lost all *DAV Access

After a successful and seemingly uneventful upgrade from v27.1.5 to v27.1.6, none of my connected devices/services can access *DAV functionality, giving HTTP Error 405 and 401.

Following the procedure here ([SOLVED] DAV-Syncs partially not working anymore after upgrading to 28.0.1 - #2 by nicoletto) yields this:

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

I have already run maintenance:update:htaccess and had my hosted VPS Provider reboot my NextCloud.

All other functionality on the web or via the various APIs for the apps continues without interruption.

How do I troubleshoot and resolve this?

Thanks!

Please check your actual Nextcloud Server logs. If you’re unclear what they’re telling you, post a few of the entries.

1 Like

I’m seeing a stream of Error from core stating App token login name does not match

Followed by a Warning from core roughly stating Login Failed: username (remote ip)

These appear for all users repeatedly, likely at their device sync intervals.

Logging into DAVx5 using the NextCloud method instead of username, server, app password results in no errors, but nothing being discovered by DAVx5. The account remains empty.

All non-Cal or Card DAV app passwords continue working.

WebDAV for file access works for things like RClone.

Another NC instance I oversee perfomed the same upgrade without loss of Cal/Card DAV functionality.

This looks like the same behavior as mine.

What could cause this?

Behavior persists under v28.0.2

I’m getting 401 errors on some files since 28.0.2, I’m reverting to NC 27.

I suppose my issue is related to your.

1 Like