NC Update failed at "Check for expected files"

Current version is 16.0.5.
Update to Nextcloud 16.0.6 available.

the update stops with this massage:

• Check for expected files

The following extra files have been found:

• data-10-18-19

(That should be the date, when i installed NCP and restored a backup.)
i already found the directory here: /var/www/nextcloud/data-10-18-19
Can i just delete it or are the files needed?

If the server itself is running fine you can delete the folder, but if you’re unsure if it has an effect on your server you can move it to a directory outside of your Nextcloud document root first and delete it once your happy with your server.

i moved the folder to another directory and now the update was successful :slight_smile:
thank you!

No one?
:lab_coat:

@Rude.Boy – Did you at least consider the occ maintenance:repair option on the CLI for NC admins?
:nerd_face:

I didn’t even know this option existed. And I still haven’t found it yet. How do I get there? It sounds useful. maybe for the next time I have a problem.

FYI

The HTTP user is different on the various Linux distributions.
:nerd_face:

BTW a kind gesture like problem solved (i.e. :white_check_mark:) or a little ACK to one or more of my comments (i.e. click on the heart icon :heart:) would show you are satisfied. This could be a kind gesture and would motivate me like authors of other advice to continue in lending a hand freely…
:smiley:

Please consult the documentation:

Stick to the more known Un*x flavours. Naturally, you can choose Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, ArchLinux and probably NextCloudPi or other flavours besides Debian Linux. Also available are some other OS …

Happy hacking.
:sunny:

2 Likes