NC prevents file sync with an "insufficient space" on external HDD with tons of space

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.52 (Ubuntu)
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1.17

The issue you are facing:

I recently updated my Ubuntu instance from 20.04 to 22.04 and then had to reinstall Nextcloud again because it just wouldn’t work. While setting up the new Nextcloud installation, I chose my data and storage directory as an external HDD connected to the server (PC Engines APU2).

However, Nextcloud keeps giving me an “Insufficient storage space” error when I’m trying to upload large files through the web interface even when there is enough and more space available on the external HDD.

How do I resolve this?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

EDIT: I’ve set the 'tempdirectory' parameter in the config file to point to a location on the external HDD but that does not seem to work either.

I’ve solved this hence. I mistakenly added the wrong path for the data directory which the nextcloud instance did not find and hence wrote to the disk where it was installed.

1 Like