NC keeps creating unspecified volume

Dear Everyone,

I hope you’re having a wonderful day.

So I deployed NC with MariaDB on docker via docker-compose. Below are the details.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=–=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
version: ‘2.1’

services:

nextcloud:
container_name: nextcloud
restart: unless-stopped
image: lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest
environment:
- TZ=Asia/Manila
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
ports:
- 8083:80
volumes:
- /home/jpeo/docker-containers/nextcloud+mariadb/cloud/nextcloud/apps:/var/www/html/apps
- /home/jpeo/docker-containers/nextcloud+mariadb/cloud/nextcloud/config:/var/www/html/config
- /mnt/nfs/nextcloud_data/data:/var/www/html/data
depends_on:
- db

db:
container_name: maria-db
restart: unless-stopped
image: lscr.io/linuxserver/mariadb:latest
environment:
MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD:
MYSQL_DATABASE:
MYSQL_USER:
MYSQL_PASSWORD:
volumes:
- /mnt/nfs/mariadb_data/mariadb:/var/lib/mysql

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=–=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Now when I search for the config.php to configure trusted domains, I thought its located in “/home/jpeo/docker-containers/nextcloud+mariadb/cloud/nextcloud/config:” that I specify in the Volume or at least in “/var/www/…” but the config.php is not there.

So I run the search “find / -name config.php” and it was here “/var/lib/docker/volumes/9f7a3c26501d01e29940f47a3b6e19d2c1bb454216b67f4241d815e59b24ab04/_data/www/nextcloud/config/config.php”

so I went to portainer and checked the details of the NC container

so yeah there’s a volume that has been created, that I didn’t even specify in docker-compose, so I’m not sure if this is normal or if I did something wrong.

Note that I uninstall and re-install NC quite many times for some reason and I want to start fresh, so I thought it was because of that so I did the “docker volume prune” to remove the unused volumes, then tried to run the docker-compose file again, but it’s still the same it creates that volume that I didn’t specify.

I did some research on the path “/var/lib/docker/volumes” This is where the persistent data are located. How about you guys is your config.php also located there? or is it in your specified folder path?

I hope someone can enlighten me with this, and thank you very much.

Regards

Since you’re using the LinuxServer.io Nextcloud image, please review their documentation and familiarize yourself with how they manage volumes and configurations. I’m afraid you’re mixing up the approach used by different image builders.

2 Likes

w0w would you look at that! :grin:

I never thought that where you pull the application image or the image builder from, is a variable in this issue. True enough I changed the docker script to image: nextcloud:latest then rebuilt it, and It puts the config files to where I want them or expect them to be.

Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.