NC install with separate reverse proxy

Hello,
I’m looking for a suitable NC package and procedures for a NC 27 (latest) docker installation (arm64) with maria db, with no swag/letsencrypt.

I’m using a NGINX (reverse) proxy manager (NPM) from jc21 for other apps and would like to use it for NC as well. In other words, NC is to sit behind the NGINX proxy, and the proxy is to handle the https protocol.

A couple of things to note:

• NC is to run as an upstream service running in Docker on the same Docker host as NPM.
  • I also wish to use the subdomain approach to invoke NC, as opposed to the subfolder approach.

I’m currently using the ghcr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud as recommended by Malcolm a while back.
I’m thinking of using yml configuration shown below.

I’ve kept the ports commented out as NC is to run as an upstream service running in Docker on the same Docker host as NPM. This works well for other services (Navidrome, Grav, Homer dashboard for example). I’m also connecting to a common external docker network (scoobydoo2) for this reason.

version: "2"
services:
  nextcloud:
    image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud
    container_name: nextcloud
    environment:
      - PUID=1001 #change PUID if needed
      - PGID=100  #change PGID if needed
      - TZ=America/Toronto #change Time Zone if needed
      - OVERWRITEPROTOCOL=https
    volumes:
      - /SSD/appdata/nextcloud/config:/config #/srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1 needs to be adjusted
      - /SSD/appdata/nextcloud/data:/data     #/srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1 needs to be adjusted
    depends_on:
      - mariadb
#    ports: # uncomment this and the next line if you want to bypass the proxy
#      - 450:443
    restart: unless-stopped

mariadb:
    image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/mariadb
    container_name: nextclouddb
    environment:
      - PUID=1001 #change PUID if needed
      - PGID=100  #change PGID if needed
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=xxxxxxxx  #change password
      - TZ=America/Toronto #Change Time Zone if needed
    volumes:
      - /SSD/appdata/nextclouddb:/config    #/srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1 needs to be adjusted

redis:
    image: redis
    container_name: redis
    hostname: redis
    volumes:
      - /SSD/appdata/redis:/data    #--> needs to be changed to your config
networks:
   default:
      name: scoobydoo2
      external: true

Not quite sure what my Nextcloud config.php file should look like, and how to configure NGINX .conf files.

Any help/comments appreciated.