NC dont work with php8.2 (Debian 12 GNU/Linux)

Nextcloud version 26.0.17
Operating system and version: GNU/Linux Debian 13 trixie (Debian 12 testing)
Apache version: 2.4.57-3
PHP version: 8.2.10

I have updated debian to the “trixie” testing version and now I have php 8.2.10

Nextcloud stable in version 26 now returns the error:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP>=8.2.
You are currently running 8.2.10.

I would like to know how I can update it without a web interface because I cannot access it.

Will NC 27 support php 8.2.10?

You can use occ commands to update from the commandline. Using the occ command — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

I know it supports 8.2.0 at least. See Upgrade to Nextcloud 27 — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

2 Likes

This wasn’t a good idea, imho. Debian Testing is not suitable for a productive server. See here. Especially the following line would be reason enough for me not to use it for hosting web apps like Nextcloud:

Compared to stable and unstable, next-stable testing has the worst security update speed. Don’t prefer testing if security is a concern.

Also, I highly recommend to use apt-pinning. Otherwise there’s a big change that PHP will be upgraded to 8.3 at some point in the future, before Nextcloud is ready for it.

Excellent point. You would remain ahead of supported production software.

I thought that testing would be more updated than stable and more stable than sid

It seems that it was a bad idea, I will try to format it to become stable again

thanks to both of you for responding

Updated is not what you might think in this case. The intention of production Debian is to use stable with a feature called pinning when you would want a newer package. In truth, I’ve never needed to pin any package when you can already add a developer PPA repository for things like PHP versions. You didn’t actually need to leave stable release in order to use PHP 8.2, or any other package of your choice.

Keep in mind that Nextcloud is dependent on an application stack, which means they cannot simply use the latest of any given package. Such changes put you directly into alpha tester status as opposed to production ready, because this platform doesn’t move quite that fast. :smile:

1 Like

Ive formated the system to Debian 12 stable, now I try install NC

now Ive:

Nextcloud version 26.0.17
Operating system and version: GNU/Linux Debian 12 stable
Apache version: 2.4.57-2
PHP version: 8.2.7

but same problem, now returns:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP>=8.2.
You are currently running 8.2.7.

Try these previous fixes. Search results for 'This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP>=8.2' - Nextcloud community.

1 Like