NC after update to 20 dont work anymore

Hey all,

I am very satisfied user of NC for a years and now I have for the first time a big problem.

After loggin via web NC offers me update from 19.XX to 20. So I click yes like always, everything looks fine, at the end shows me something like “…click here to continue installation” and it wrotes some error and now, when I want to go to loggin page, it shows me “Not found”.
It is very important for me to fix that asap cause there is some kind of stuff for my accountant and the end of year is comming.

I did reading tons of similar problems here in forum, but no method lead to success.

So my system Ubuntu 20.04, Apache and MariaDB and maybe is problem with something calls Redis, cause i did try “sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade” and answer is:

honzaserver@bobisek:/var/www/html/nextcloud$ sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:repair
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
RedisException: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php:92
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php(92): Redis->connect(’/var/run/redis/…’, 0, 0)
#1 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php(108): OC\RedisFactory->create()
#2 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php(43): OC\RedisFactory->getInstance()
#3 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Factory.php(135): OC\Memcache\Redis->__construct(‘bf58b73b897706b…’)
#4 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1018): OC\Memcache\Factory->createLocking(‘lock’)
#5 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(155): OC\Server->OC{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#6 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#7 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(122): Pimple\Container->offsetGet(‘OCP\Lock\ILocki…’)
#8 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(156): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘OCP\Lock\ILocki…’, true)
#9 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1977): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘OCP\Lock\ILocki…’)
#10 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(118): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#11 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(395): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#12 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(155): OC\Server->OC{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#13 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#14 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(122): Pimple\Container->offsetGet(‘OC\Files\Node\H…’)
#15 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(156): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘OC\Files\Node\H…’, true)
#16 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1324): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘OC\Files\Node\H…’)
#17 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php(595): OC\Server->boot()
#18 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1091): OC::init()
#19 /var/www/html/nextcloud/console.php(49): require_once(’/var/www/html/n…’)
#20 /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(’/var/www/html/n…’)

Thanks a lot for any help, it is pretty urgent.

Hello @JanMar,

welcome the nextcloud user community.

“Some” would be the interesting part here.

Just roll back using your backup and christmas will be fine.

“Some” was in web broswer and when I clicked on NC link than happend the white screen “Not found” so I am pretty sure that I can not able to describe what exactly it wrotes, sorry, my bad.

And I have no idea how to roll back and if I have any backup.

Vnitřní chyba serveru (inside server error)

Server nemohl dokončit váš požadavek. (Server could not finished your request)

Pokud se toto stane znovu, pošlete níže uvedené technické podrobnosti správci serveru.

Další podrobnosti naleznete v záznamu událostí serveru. (blah blah blah)

Technické podrobnosti (technical details)

• Adresa protějšku: MY IP ADDRESS
  • Identifikátor požadavku: VSqWxFbacDRpDxlKE6jB (identifier of request)

You do not know if you have a backup?

So you better save your current installation and then do a manuell reinstall (keep config and data directory).

I have backup of data, not of NC or system.

Please read the docs. See

EDIT:
Before doing anything please backup your database and config.php file.

so it is too late now I am thinking :thinking:

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --off
[sudo] password for honzaserver:
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
RedisException: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php:92
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php(92): Redis->connect(’/var/run/redis/…’, 0, 0)
#1 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php(108): OC\RedisFactory->create()
#2 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php(43): OC\RedisFactory->getInstance()
#3 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Factory.php(135): OC\Memcache\Redis->__construct(‘bf58b73b897706b…’)
#4 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1018): OC\Memcache\Factory->createLocking(‘lock’)
#5 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(155): OC\Server->OC{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#6 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#7 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(122): Pimple\Container->offsetGet(‘OCP\Lock\ILocki…’)
#8 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(156): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘OCP\Lock\ILocki…’, true)
#9 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1977): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘OCP\Lock\ILocki…’)
#10 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(118): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#11 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(395): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#12 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(155): OC\Server->OC{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#13 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#14 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(122): Pimple\Container->offsetGet(‘OC\Files\Node\H…’)
#15 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(156): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘OC\Files\Node\H…’, true)
#16 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1324): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘OC\Files\Node\H…’)
#17 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php(595): OC\Server->boot()
#18 /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1091): OC::init()
#19 /var/www/html/nextcloud/console.php(49): require_once(’/var/www/html/n…’)
#20 /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(’/var/www/html/n…’)

You could disable Redis in config.php and try again.

What is the output of

tail -f nextcloud.log | jq

tail -f nextcloud.log | jq
tail: cannot open ‘nextcloud.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
tail: no files remaining

The Nextcloud logfile is usually located at the Nextcloud data folder

updatedb && locate nextcloud\.log

honzaserver@bobisek:~$ tail -f /var/www/html/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log | jq

…waiting for a while but still nothing happend

Did you try to open the login page of Nextcloud while “tail -f” ?